Hello and Thank you in advance

Sundowner

Hello everybody

I am reading in your forum since many years. Partwise I also was a quite activ member under the nick bkkfreak. Itâ??s quite a while since â?? certainly long enough that I cannot remember my login datas.

My name is Rolf I am 44 and I am happily married since almost 16 yrs. with a Thai.

Now, why do I come back to this forum: straight foreward answer is, I look for good advise.

Th background is â?? very short â?? that I manage here in Switzerland, a quite well going company as founder and owner. However since quite a while â?? about 3 years â?? I feel not satisfied anymore, feel tired, nervous, cannot sleep etc. Meanwhile after quite some tests the docâ??s told me that I suffer under a severe Burn-Out.

Since I always was very pragmatic and fast in my decsisions and I am also willing to take riks I did not saw that long going therapies would really help me on the long run and taking â??happy pillsâ? cannot be the solution for me. So, next week I will close the deal to sell my company â?? and take an outtime to get clear with me, my life and to develope a plan how to go on for the next decades hopefully to come.

Sorry for being so long but I guess since I like to ask you for valuable information I guess it is important to have some small background beforehand.

Here my questions:

Right at the moment we plan to spend 3 month in Thailand. The only open question is where.

What I am looking for is a quite, cosy place, close to the beach where I can walk my km every morning and do something for my health â?? Isaan is not what I am looking for. My favorite place is Koh Samui.

However, my wife would prefer a place some closer to the mainland, from where she easier e.g. by rented minibus could visit her family.

Now, we agreed to do both â?? 50:50.

As for accomodatin we plan to rent a house min. 60qm, standing and secure Internet connection in the house, TV etc. at a price range around 50â??000 Bath/Mt.

Maybe there is somebody or several in the forum who could provide us with some inputs about locations etc. we have not thought about yet (I mean Patty, Hua Hin etc.) have been considered, but maybe there would be something nice and conveniend also a little bit away from the beaten tracks we not have thought about, but nevertheless should have a look at. Maybe even somebody had a similar experience in the past and can say something like â??hey, place xxx is great even has health centre for physical and soul training close by etcâ?¦..â?Â.

You, see I took a hard decsion changing my life drastically and now, to be honest I get a little bit afraid of my own balls. It is the first time in my life I try to treat a serious sickness alone and with no net to fall back. BTW, the word â??serious sicknessâ? is what my doctor sayâ??s â?? personally I just feel really sick when I enter my company â?? donâ??t ask me why - we even had a great year 06 â?? and the future is prosperous).

Sorry for my english, but I hope nevertheless to get maybe some good advise and inputs.

Thank you and best regards

If you wanna relax, try Koh Samet, impossible to be stressed there i'd think...but i doubt there are many houses to rent or good internet...

Jomtien beach near/in Pattaya is nice and relaxed, has reasonable internet and lots of housing...nice long beach too...easily accessed as well.

There's always Hua Hin too....but i don't know that place well...best bet might be to come and have a good look around and find a place you feel at peace.

Best of luck!

Where is your wife's family living?

Bang Saen is probably better than Pattaya and Jomtien but if you play golf maybe East Pattaya is an alternative, there you can rent completely new houses with all furniture and your own swimming pool for 40 k per month on a 12 month contract - 3 months rent in deposit = you don't pay the last 3 months.

Elef,

East Pattaya, Soi Siam Country Club up near Horseshoe point you can rent that for 30K / 1 month deposit, since New Year we have had 3 new westerners started in our office and they all got that deal.

Sundowner,

I tend to side with Hua Hin / Pranburi region over the Eastern Seaboard, even though I have an apartment in ESB (my midweek work home) for weekends away with the wife probably 5:1 spent in Pranburi compared to ESB ... but thats just our own personal choice.

Mekong, farang owners? Thais want to rent out for 12 months and prefer to have the house not rented out if they don't get it. In the village I think about 30 k is the price without own swimmingpool; there're several "empty" houses there.

Mekong, farang owners? Thais want to rent out for 12 months and prefer to have the house not rented out if they don't get it. In the village I think about 30 k is the price without own swimmingpool; there're several "empty" houses there.

12 Month Leases Farang Owned

Archived