inet access to USA broken for 3 days, counting

Check the below info from inet. Am I the only one who hasn't been able to get into nana for the last 3 days and counting?

Due to a break in the APCN fiber cable between Thailand and Korea,

much of Thailand is facing international link congestion.

The cable operator has given no return-to-operation time yet,

but Internet Thailand added 8Mbps of backup bandwidth on February 22.

Yep, I got the following from SAMART:

Samart Infonet Co., Ltd would like to inform you that at 16.00 on February 21st , 2002s, the International Link, underwater cable, from Japan to Hong Kong was damaged which caused our system not to be able to connect with the International Websites. This incident affected many ISPs that access to International Link via this cable. We, Samart Connect, solved the problem by using the Satellite Backup to keep servicing our clients ? the overall performance to International Link may drop 10%. However, Communication Authority of Thailand (CAT) ,the underwater cable provider, will be solving the problem and it is expected that they finish the underwater operation on February 25th, 2002

But, I couldn't even connect for a few days let alone get on this board. Same with my old Loxinfo account which will expire the end of this month.

Incidents like this tell you how much you have become dependent on the 'net to survive. smile.gif" border="0

I've had problems with my Qnet ADSL service - could not get to Us etc websites, but could get data from Thai websites. My backup dialup with Loxinfo worked ok though, including international sites.

When i phoned support, was informed the ISP had a cache problem - at least i hope it was cache and not cash...............

this international cable link problem sounds more genuine, hope they can fix or work around it. Qnet is working again, but seems slower.....

coops

Archived