Cheap long distance calls in Pattaya?

Hello guys,

What's the cheapest way to call Canada from Pattaya? I'm staying at the Flipper Lodge and using their phone is way too expensive.

Are there phone cards I can buy? If so, where can I buy them and how much per min?

I have seen on the free Pattaya map u get from the hotels a listing for international phone calls over at the post office. Have yet to check this out but will head there tomorrow.

~Tek

As far as I know the best place to make international calls is at the Telecom enter. To the US, normal rate is 24B/min. I think offrate is around 20B/min, but not sure when it is... Probably same to Canada. Nice thing about telecom center is you get a quality line, and a QUIET private booth. On pattaya south road just a little east of third rd. Maybe they have similar service at the post office.

Forget using most places in pattaya - travel agencies, etc. Most charge like 60B/min for a real line, or 25B if the use an internet based system that can give you a really annoying lag, and make it impossible to use touchtone menu systems.

Some people set up a small table on the street and offer the use of their mobile phone. For international calls i think it's 20-24B/min, but quality isn't that great and you've got road noise to contend with!

Oh, one other thing. Due to taxes or some other reason, it's much cheaper to call from the states to Thailand than the other way around (~14B/min). There are 'callback' systems that take advantage of this, but I don't call the states enough to have bothered looking into it. Probably something on the net about it.

Archived