Conversation with a Russian hooker

khunsanuk

Below is an excerpt of a post made by BigDog regarding a conversation he had with a Russian hooker in Pusan, South Korea. This girl has worked in both Bangkok and Pattaya and provides some nice insights into the 'Russian' scene.

A bit later on while walking about, one Russian hooker came over to me and was making some joking gestures about how tall I was and how small she was. I replied by saying how good her English was. We started talking and in the course of our conversation she told me she has an engineering degree from a Russian university but that most educated/skilled graduates (especially women) have a hard time finding work in Russia, and when they do, it hardly pays anything. That's why this lady had turned to working as a prostitute. Her name was Katarina.

She told me it was a slow night business-wise, and so I asked her if she would care to join my friends and I for a drink. I followed that up by saying that I was married and wasn't interested in her services, but I was interested in talking with her if she didn't mind. She said sure, why not, and we found another bar and ordered our drinks.

Katarina told me she was 24 years old and had been working as a prostitute for the past two years. She had tried for nearly a year after finishing university to get a proper engineering job, but the jobs just weren't there, or as I said earlier, they paid very poorly. So, after talking with some of her friends who had made good money working as prostitutes abroad, she decided to give it a try and had been on the game ever since.

She told me that she had been in Korea for nine weeks now. It was her first time here. She said that although she does go with Korean men (she said she doesn't like them - 'smell like kimchi all the time; have small dicks'), and some of the American soldiers and sailors (her preference as 'they like having fun out of bed too') that are based in the Pusan area, most of her customers are other foreign men. She said with Pusan being a coastal port city, it gets lots of commercial cargo ships from other countries and the men on these ships always spend their free time in port spending their money getting drunk and on the women.

I wanted to ask her what kind of money she was making working as a prostitute that had kept on her the game for so long, but decided not to. So, I asked her what other countries had she worked in. She said she had worked in Thailand before. When she mentioned Thailand, that became the topic of the rest of our conversation after I mentioned to her about my trips there and that I had a Thai wife. Katarina told me that she had worked in Pattaya and Bangkok. One comment she made about working in Pattaya that I found interesting concerns the Russian Mafia men. She said lots of these men come to Pattaya on their holidays, and they always have LOTS of money (especially U.S. dollars) to spend. These men prefer to go with Thai women, but sometimes they miss having 'one of their own' and look for Russian women. Katarina says that the money these men pay her in Pattaya is far more than what they would pay her back in Russia for the same services. Also, she said they pay the Russian hookers more than they pay the Thai bargirls. At this, I asked her if she didn't mind telling me how much of a difference. She told me she was normally paid 4,000 baht for short time and anywhere from 6,000 up for long time. Katarina explained that only the Russian Mafia men would pay this kind of money. She said that many of these men are U.S. dollar millionaires, and don't think nothing of what they pay, however, they are conscious of what they pay the Thai bargirls because they 'don't want to spoil them'. Go figure!

Katarina said it was while working in Pattaya that she went with her first American, Aussie, and British men. She also said that she has done quite a few 3-somes where one of these customers would want her and a Thai lady together. Katarina also said that while working in Thailand she was approached quite often by a Thai bargirl wanting to go with her for some lesbian action. Katarina told me that although she considers herself bi-sexual, she won't go with ladies alone, but only as part of a 3-some with a man. So, whenever a Thai lady wanted her for herself, and Katarina said yes, but only if a man was involved, they would go as a pair on the prowl looking for a man to join in.

I asked her what she thought of Bangkok. She said she liked the city, but that she didn't like all the Arab men approaching her. When she said that, I asked her why. She mentioned freelancing around the Grace Hotel on Suk Soi 3 because that was where she was told by her friends to go, but when she went there, she didn't like there being so many Arab men. She said she didn't go with Arab men because 'I don't like the way they smell; don't they ever bathe?' I told her that since I had never gone with an Arab man myself, I couldn't comment. She laughed at that!

I asked her if she knew about Nana Plaza since it is so close to where she was working. She said she had heard of it, but never went there because her friends told her it was off limits to Russian women. I asked her to explain, and she replied that it was just one of the rules of the game. Sort of a territorial unwritten rule between the working girls, I guess. I then asked her if she didn't like Arab men, then how does she make her money hanging around the Grace Hotel. She said that because the area is known for having Russian hookers, other foreign men as well as Thai men will come there looking for them.

Before we parted, I asked her if she ever planned on returning to Thailand. She said probably, but didn't know for sure. She said if she does, it will be back to freelancing around the Grace Hotel.

With that, I wished her all the best and we said our goodbyes. All in all, I had a very interesting evening talking with Katarina. Although she always seemed upbeat and in good spirits, I did get the impression that she wasn't very happy with the way her life was going. Here was a very attractive lady with an engineering degree (in addition to Russian and English, she also spoke German) but due to the inner workings of the Russian economy, she was no better off opportunity-wise than her Thai counterparts who finish school at the age of 11 or 12.

It's sort of ironic the way the prostitute business works in this respect. Many Thai ladies end up working as bargirls because they have very little education and as a result, very few opportunities to make decent money. On the other side, Katarina and other Russian ladies she told me about have university degrees and language skills, but yet the opportunities to make a decent living in Russia (for women anyway) are few and far between. So, they end up on the game for the same reason their Thai sisters do - for the money.

Cheers,

Bigdog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how great the worldwide demand is for ex-Commie engineers (if she's not lying about that), but I agree that perhaps, with the greatest respect to the original writer, he's being a little too sympathetic to the lady. The old "hooker with a heart of gold" story, maybe.

Anyway, there is no gun to her head. I repeat, there is no gun to her head. If she can whore around all over Asia, she can do anything she wants. She's tough and she's smart in her way. Maybe she's got some personality quirk that demands thrills, danger etc. Or obviously so...

• 7 months later...

Good article,I have meet a few Russian hookers myself in Bangkok.Mostly around the area of the Grand President Hotel.The ones I have meet seem to be all pretty well eduacated with good mastery of the English language.

A few good stunners out there, but at the rates they charge if I wanted white women I should have just stayed in the USA.

Archived