For football fans of all codes

Julian2

Last year in the major league for my particular code, Aussie Rules, a couple of sides approached the final play offs virtually unbackable, they were red hot favorites to play off for the flag, what we call the grand final.

One never reached this event as they were plagued by an onslaught of injuries towards the end of the minor round.

How much of this do you think is just bad luck?

Or is it bad preparation or bad coaching? Sure knees and elbows aren't made to take a lot of the strain of professionals sport and opposing teams will 'lineup' the sides better players to try to hurt them, but we're talking about full time professionals here.

It just makes me think because so many injuries occur at the 'business' end of the season.

injuries can happen anytime of course but i think different types of Sport will result in different kinds.

in your Game would i be correct in thinking that injuries to the torso and head are more common?.

in the Football i watch it is mainly injuries from the waist down as people use their feet more.

i remember a few Years ago my Team recruited a Physio from a top Rugby League Team and we were hit by a spate of hamstring injuries.

it seemed that the methods used in Rugby and Football were different and that the Football Players were prone to get that kind of injury due to the methods of the Physio.

Archived