Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

Ok she was correct before so I have no doubt she will be correct this time. My friend tells me that Suvarnabhumi will be completely shut down for between 6 to 12 months as soon as Don Muang is fully recommisioned. AOT and the Government have decided that it is the only way to properly carry out repairs now the issues are in the international spotlight. Has this made it to local news yet?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The airport is a joke, my father just flew to Hong Kong, then to BKK...he loved the business class efficiency in HK, but thought Savarnabhumi airport was a joke...in typical understated Britishness, he said it was 'bloody awful'...

His complaints...

A lack of toilets

No clear signposting for exits

Everything always too far away

Stupid shopping that no one wanted or was using

Baggage reclaim for business class passengers a joke. The HK experience being far superior!

Bet they don't fix this.

Just imagine what a huge job it is to retrofit for additional toilets. If they didn't plumb for 400 additional hong nams, they will have to rip up the concrete everywhere to run the water and sewage pipes.

You really couldn't have a more embarrassing example than a spanking new multi-billion dollar airport being a steaming pile of shit.

Archived