Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall they wanted to delay the opening of Swampy Poom byt 6-9 months...now it seems they really did need that extra time after all...it will truely suck, if they still have problems when it reopens...most new airports have delays and problems, but this takes it to a new level...

Rumor I got here is/was the run ways would have been fine, had certain pumps and what not been maintained...apparently, someone slacked off, and they sank/settle/whatever, and began cracking...also keep in mind, the runways might have been fine until planes actually started to land on them.

The 6-9 months I was referring to was mentioned back before the opening, apparently "someone" wanted no more delays, and well, got this instead. I think the idea was Open on time, we'll fix it later, when it is really inconvenient to passangers...go figure...TIT?

Latest word from the gov't is a decision will be made Wednesday as to whether a total shutdown is necessary.

You mean 150 billion baht write off? :o

Now will they increase Dong Muang airport tax to 1k baht to recover the huge loss of Savanaboum?

Or should Toxin's wife friends pay back the tea money they hid into their pockets? :shakehead

Its fascinating to watch a bunch of headless chikens try to run a country. Reagarding the airport debacle there are so many differing reports, in todays BKK post theres a front page story 'final decison on wednesday by the PM', on the nation website it quotes the PM saying 'the aiport won't be closed', then it goes on to say there will be 'a final decison tomorrow by the AOT'.It looks like its not just the aiport runways that are sinking!

I have an apartment quite near Don Muang and the owner was telling me this moring his half empty block has now been booked and filled for all the airport staff returning to Don Muang, asked me if I was moving out!!

JP

Archived