Price of Digital camera

I don't know specifically about digital cameras, but I can tell you that computer hardware prices, from what I saw at Pantip plaza last year, are comparable to what I can get here in North America. Software is an entirely different story of course.

From what I have read, there are no great bargains in consumer electronics in the LOS. I think it unlikely that you will get a digital camera much cheaper in Thailand than Europe. And if you buy in Thailand, you have to worry about voltage conversion issues, warranties, etc.

JG

I have compared prices I have found on the US internet sites and retail in Bangkok and found that the prices here are lower than that of the US partic when you take into account the 7% tax rebate, now maybe the store prices are lower than that which can be found on the internet but I doubt it. Obviously I didn't go through every model available but I did compare most of the Sony range which was what I was interested in and they were about 7 % cheaper plus another 7 if you get the tax off. BUT there isn't any where near the range available here that you will get Overseas.

I have the DC 4800 and really like it nice unit and with the current exchange rate it would be 566.00 I Paid 499.00 in Califorina.

Fatbastard,

Be careful with the tax rebate as there are limitations and if you have been in Thailand for more than X days, you cannot get it. I remeber when I bought a video camera not to slong ago, I checked it out but realsied that I didn't qualify. Also, I believe you must have a tourist visa.

Stick

Archived