UBB Connectivity

USVirgin

I almost forgot about this thread.

I downloaded and tried IE 5.5 and Netscape 6. Still no joy. The boards only load fast when I'm logged on through AOL. I wish I could compare the AOL IE browser settings with the other browser settings, but I don't know how. Tools/internet options does not seem to be an option on the AOL browser. I've tried disabling the java compliler, if that's what you mean by checking the bowser settings.

I'm still at a loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tried using a proxy IP address and suddenly had no problems loading this board or Viking's UBB board. Closed the browser and tried again with my regular IP - same old problems. So using a proxy IP seems to be a solution. Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by USVirgin:

Today I tried using a proxy IP address and suddenly had no problems loading this board or Viking's UBB board. Closed the browser and tried again with my regular IP - same old problems. So using a proxy IP seems to be a solution. Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks.

Sounds like a problem with your ISPs routing table. Good luck convincing some one on the help desk that it should be modified to suit your needs. See if your normal ISP has proxy (many do) or just configure your browser to use an open proxy.

Archived