FREE TV over PC? or is this a scam?

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is a STB that takes that feed and converts it to TV, Haupphauge also I think have one, not sure about them

Mai roo. I had a "TV out" card in my confuser, so I just ran a RCA cable from that to my TV and used the PC audio to watch the World Cup. Worked a treat.

Cheers,

SD

DVB-S2 STB is what I have in Pattaya,

I first had a multi satellite antenna which was supposed to change it's position which either took ages or didn't work! I brought that from home!

Now I have 2 TV dish antennas, one for german TV inclusive German Pay TV (Premiere) I am receiving the signal with a Philips DSR 9005 and I have a Humax PR-HD1000 to pick up the american signal. I wasn't able to do it with just one, maybe you can recommend a STB where I can use both antennas with one device, the german TV would work with common interface card, but must be able to decode "Nagravision" German Free TV isn't a problem because it is in the same package!

The freaky thing is that I see the HD channels in the list but when I open them it looks like a coloured chess board, why is that? Is the signal to weak?

what about slingbox ?

OC

From what I understand the slingbox needs the basic configuration (Antenna/Cable/STB) and transmits the signal through the internet and you can pick it up wherever you are in the world! Would safe me one setup either in Thailand or in Germany but I don't think my connection in Thailand could handle it! A Good thing to keep in mind for the future!

Try jsat.tv ask for John, he'll be able to give you the best advice, but not free

Thanx, I'll do that as soon as I am back!

http://www.tvunetworks.com/dlsite.htm?id=rdb

This is really good... I am watching fox news on it...working great right now.

That very first downlaod in the thread gave me a trojan hrse virus alert so I deleted it immediately. I then rescanned my laptop with avg and no viruses with tvuneworks.

Give it a try and let me know what you all think.

Slingbox is a nice option if your on the road a lot and still want to access your hometown programming. As CT mentions though, it's performance depends on the bandwidth that is available.

The Pro will scale down the content based on your internet pipe. Still not a bad investment for a couple hundred bucks.

I also use it to beam TV to a computer in the guest room in my home via my home network.

Archived