Thai service quality?

Bkkbound04

• 1 year later...

"I still regard customer service in LOS to be of a far higher standard than anything I come across in UK"

uh?!?! Why would you say so ?? Quite professionnal service in UK (or downtown London for what i know), and even when the food is atrocious or the hotel room ridiculously small the service is decent. Wished they could increase the wages in Thailand so the Poles and indians might just start to come to BKK and chase thai jobs...

Service quality is driven by management, not the employees. Bad managers, be they Thai, farang, or whatever tolerate bad service. Good managers manage their businesses to provide good service. IMHO, it is not a "Thai" or a "non-Thai" issue. I've had great service in Thailand from Thai-managed/owned companies and piss poor service from farang managed/owned companies. Vice versa as well.

What often determines the quality fo service is the competitiveness of the business. In the 5 star hotel business, if the service is not outstanding, then the hotel will be empty as customers will go elsewhere. Same for medical tourism. Conversely, I do not believe in Bangkok that Go-Go bars are a particularly competitive business, and so crappy service is tolerated.

Archived