Office XP

supersoes, Swishtz

I got a copy of Office XP Professional at Pantip a few days ago ? 2 discs, 250 Baht, first disc all usual office programs with alternative setup exe's depending on choice of applications to install, and second disc media stuff, sounds, clip art etc. Installed with no problems and seems excellent with many new features.

Also got a copy of Opera (v 5.11 Java enabled). For those who are not familiar it's a lean mean and fast web browser, a replacement for IE and Netscape.

In a word ?Brilliant? strongly recommend everyone try it. Very fast, informative, easy to use, integrates seamlessly with Zone Alarm, I Turbo, Download Accelerator, etc. Only had it a few days so can't give an intelligent review but I find it really fast and really great to use.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

db - sorry for the delay, I haven't had much time to get on the board lately.

Correct, for WINDOWS XP, you won't be able to install a copied version on your computer. I can't really go into how it works, sorry.

This is different from OFFICE XP, which has a backhanded way of doing it, as some of the replies above can attest.

That's the plan anyway, we'll see October 25th when it's released. As you say, there isn't a program out there that can't be cracked eventually. crazy.gif" border="0

Zwoel69

I'm using XP Pro Beta 2 right now and it appears there is a way to #%%^&&*^&(*&*()&*.

Wait I didn't type that.

What I meant to say is that I think I found a way to @#%%&^&(@!E%%^*&%#@%%&^%^*&%.

Hmmmmm.

If you take the $%$^%*&*$%!@^%^*$%^^&^%*(^&*.

This isn't right.

Oops, my phone is ringing.

Ummm, it appears, I may have attempted to violate my licensing agreement.

I guess I didn't read the fine print about the anti-pirating death squads.

I think I better sign off now and go hide under my bed.

Hmmm, I wonder who that could be at the door?

"Correct, for WINDOWS XP, you won't be able to install a copied version on your computer. I can't really go into how it works, sorry."

You are 100% wrong about this. I have been making copies of the pantip versian all week and handing it off to friends all over the world. works great 100%. it is 100% cracked.

Brink15,

I guess WYD is talking about the latest beta. The beta was supposed to expire after a short time, but this protection has apparantly been cracked.

Don't know how the final version will be but it would surprise me if it isn't cracked very fast too.

KK,

I just assumed since he mentioned Pantip, he was talking about Office XP. I know they are selling pirated versions of that.

I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for XP Pro Beta 2 copies, since Microsoft is giving it away for free.

There is really no major reason for cracking it as the "demo" time frame is 140 days. Just before the 140 days are up, do a backup, uninstall Beta 2, then reinstall and restore the backup.

That's really a waste of time in any event as there are still two more releases left before the launch, RC1 and RC2. The later your version of the O/S, the less buggy it will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

just stay a few days in Bgk and new beta of Win XP 2505 should be out.

Has anyone please any idea where in Bgk look for a copy ??

Vist here friends but they are not so in computer, happy for any help...

your maksim wink.gif" border="0

Archived