Help! Beginner wants to buy first ever mobile phone!

JCK

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

let me know how it works in LOS. By the way, is it one number world wide? or do you change chips in each country for lacal number and dialing?

I have had great trouble getting chips for 'phones that originated in the UK. 2 years ago AIS refused to look at them. They open up the back and look at the registration number and state that they cannot give a chip for a telephone that is not registered in Thailand. It is also not possible to register the 'phone in Thailand.

I've heard that you can get chips in MBK, Phantip etc. but don't know anyone that has actually done so.

SONY in World Trade Centre basically told me that they won't put another chip in the 'phone because they will not make any money out of it. At this time the 'phone had cost US$100 and in Thailand they were selling for US$1,000!!!

If you get a number to use Internationally beware. You will pay for all the 'phone calls made TO YOU at overseas rates. The caller only has to pay the connection!

If in Bangkok go to the Telephone office and ask about PCT telephones. They use your home 'phone number and the calls get billed to that, no seperate account.

Of course no good to Sanukers who do not live in LOS tongue.gif" border="0

Of course all prepaid systems have a validity period. With 12 call that depends on the amount of recharging. Dprompt it adds up 100 days, no matter if you recharge only 300 baht. So for that matter dprompt is way cheaper than 12call. Dprompt charges you by the second after 30 seconds and 12call charges you per minute. I did not buy any phones in LOS for the main reason that electronic goods are very expensive. I had fixed my phones at MBK, Siemens phones, and could use all simcards afterwards. Of course you need to say you want to use all cards, not only 12call.

The blurb I read for 1-2 Call had various expiries for the different prices. 15 days, 1 month, 3 months and 6 months depending on what you paid but reading some of the other threads on 1-2 Call it would seem that any unused value is carried over?

At least that's how I read them. Any confirmation please from 1-2 Callers?

Archived