PI Barfines ????

sanddawg1

:question:

PI Travelers

I am thinking of branching out from LOS and visiting the PIs (somewhat due to the weak dollar vs. Baht). I have been reading some articles about the nightlife and have noticed that barfines are split between the bar and the girl e.g. barfine P2000, 1000 to the bar 1000 to the girl.

My question: Is that the end of the money transactions or does the BG expect a tip over and above her split of the barfine? Does the BG really get her cut of the barfine?

Thanks S1

In Angeles the BFs etc are pretty regulated, I believe 1200 pesos is the going rate now. A tip sure, why not, 500P is always appreciated.

Manila's a different ball game, some of the bars there are much more expensive. Try the LA Cafe, used to be all freelancers, no ladies drinks and the price of the night, or ST was decided before hand. Last time I was there I noted a couple of MamaSans had taken up residence there though.

Does the all inclusive thing apply in the P. Burgos bars in Makati as well? It was a few years ago, so my memory might be hazy, but the policy was something like 10 lady drinks = 1 barfine (like Titanium on Soi 22).

I asked one of the mamasans how much the barfine was and she checked my bar tab and said, "You can take three girls, sir." I only took one, which pissed off a couple of the other prime contenders. I think the bar was Jools.

Aside from possible tips, I wonder if the other girls were out of pocket (a share of the barfine) because I didn't select them.

I tipped the selected girl the next day (can't remember how much, but it wasn't a lot), but this thread has me wondering how much would be appropriate under those circumstances.

BF in Manila is definitely not all-inclusive. BFs in Burgos range from P1500-3500, depending on bar, time, how dumb you look, and the general mood. Discounting the BF on the basis of LDs bought is possible--and is general practice at Flamingo's and other bars with the same owner--but don't forget to ask, 'cause they won't offer otherwise. It's also possible to bargain the BF down in some bars. Most Burgos girls will want P2000 as a tip. One of my girls tells me she won't even approach a customer a second time if he gave less than P2000, so there. There are exceptions, of course, but that's a general guideline.

Some of the little Ermita bars have a P1500 BF which is split with the girl at 1000-500 or 750-750. If the girl's getting the 1000 she might not ask for more.

Good Luck.

Great advice for anyone who's interested, thanks! Now that you mention it, I think I tipped her exactly P2K, based on advice I had at the time. The funniest thing about it was when we where in that pancake house in Glorietta for breakfast the next morning. I had a splitting headache and was going through my wallet looking for a receipt from the night before. I found one, and it was only around 15000 pesos, and said, "Hey, this ain't so bad." Then she reminded me, "What about the other one sir?" Then I looked further and found another cc receipt for 25000 pesos. :doah:

I didn't care. It was just one of those fuck off nights where you let the girls do their worst without any regard for your own wallet. I had fun. :drunk:

I had more experiences in the Ermita bars, years ago, but this was my only night on P. Burgos.

Great advice for anyone doing Makati, so thanks again.

Manila's a rip off.

Angeles is easier to deal with. Although a couple of girls I met there said that they used to work in Manila and surprise, surprise they thought that gave them a little extra cachet which required more cash. :smirk:

Hopefully will be back in PI in next few months and maybe hit Cebu although don't think it will rival Angeles.

Manila's not really a ripoff, but it's easy to overspend, especially on Burgos. A lot of these opinions mirror the old Pattaya vs. Bangkok argument.

It'll be harder for the visitor, but you can cut down your Burgos spending (if that's your goal) by collecting phone numbers. By the end of an evening's barhop I'll have a pocketful of numbers (if I'm so inclined) from girls who want to do sneakouts or meet in their off hours. No BF, no ridiculous tips requested. If you're a visitor I'd advise bringing some of your hotel business cards to help facilitate this sort of assignation.

Nice bill, USV, but nowhere near the record. I know of a guy who spent P200,000 and didn't even get off (his choice, apparently). One of my girls was credited with 105 LDs that night.

Archived