sending SMS from overseas to Thai One-2-Call

anyone know how to get around this?

seems AIS One-2-Call system's not web enabled so SMS from web sites won't transmit... of course you can SMS One-2-Call phones from inside Thailand phone-to-phone. Anyone got an idea how to send a msg from abroad or from a web site?

farangbaa

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farang baa

It can depend on what country you are living in also.The sms service works to and from LOS from many countries but not all countries.Also some countries can send to Los but can not receive sms from LOS.I have used ICQ to successfully send sms and also recieve but maybe someone else knows a better way by using the web.

iuytrede

how are you doing it? are you sending from a web site or your cell phone? are you sending to a One-2-Call phone from outside Thailand or inside?

farangbaa

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

You can do it with ICQ, ICQ has a SMS messaging functionality. You can add a non ICQ contact, give them a phone nr in their profile and away you go.

Good news is it is free to send

Better news is messages can be replied to and received on your PC

Even better news is that you can tell when the message has been delivered, ie if the phone is switched off you will know, you will also know when it is back on again. Iused to freak my g/f out with that by telling her when her phone was on or off

www.icq.com/sms

Swishtz wrote:

You can do it with ICQ, ICQ has a SMS messaging functionality.

I am using an old version of ICQ, doesn't seem to have SMS capability. Are you using the latest version of ICQ, 2000b ? How do you find this in terms of stability? I read some reports that its unstable and crashes all the time, so would be interesting to have some feed-back on this.

I tried sending SMS to a phone in Thailand using WWW.excite.co.uk, but I wasn't sure if the messages were ever received. Has anyone had any success with Excite's website for SMS messaging?

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

It is in 2000b, I have no problems with it, have used it for ages, nor do any of the numerous people around me have problems with it either.

You can always launch it for SMS alone and set it not to load at boot up if you do not want it using resources the whole time

Mine is up and running 24/7, never crashed on me yet

You can also send from the URL I mentioned above

Archived