sending SMS from overseas to Thai One-2-Call

just downldld ICQ200b.

sent a msg but & see the box that says it's sent but nothing on receipt of msg or whether phone is on/off

***does the NETWORK CODE box require data?

***anyone had success specifically to One-2-Call cos MTNSMS won't do it.

iuytrede

what are you using to send. what network are you sending to in Thailand?

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use www.sms.de

you have to register, it's free

it's in German

maximum 3 sms per day, and only one to any given phone number

sometimes these rules are not enforced

But it's possible to register more than once from different email-accounts under different usernames.

That way I send 3 sms every day, they are all received.

My gf has One2Call from AIS, Siemens A 35.

www.mtnsms.com

Free, in English, allows you to put an address book in there, and allows you to track messages sent. Has an inbox for replies, too.

I use this to AIS phones all the time. Since one-2-call is an AIS service you should be good to go.

quote:

Originally posted by TEDBKK:

I use this to AIS phones all the time. Since one-2-call is an AIS service you should be good to go.

But are you really good to go? I have tried it and it works to AIS full member numbers but not to my AIS One2Call. Can someone else confirm this? I have only tried it to one AIS One2Call #, it didn't work so I gave up.

Cheers,

First point you have misunderstood, I am talking about sending from the ICQ application itself that you can download, not from the website. I have never bothered with the web site, I have sent thousands of messages to AIS from ICQ

Download ICQ from www.icq.com

If you dont get the confirmation back it means the phone is off, when the phone is back on you will get the message,if it does not get through you get a failure message

Test it on your own phone

For Thailand the area code/prefix is 1 do not remove the first zeros of any phone number as you would for an international call

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Swishtz ]

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Swishtz ]

Ok I use ICQ all the time to send SMS messages. By coincidence, I just bought a One-To-Call phone for my friend who is staying with me. I tried sending her a message via ICQ and got the following message:

The SMS message to ***'s Cell (Cellular) was sent. Currently this network is not recognized.

A notification will be sent to you once the message is received.

I sent a message to my own phone (normal AIS) and got it almost immediately.

So, it seems, One-to-Call doesn't support SMS messaging from outside the network.

Cheers!

TEDBKK

if you use AIS WEB MESSAGING SITE from inside or outside Thailand: http://202.183.251.250/cgi-bin/w_msg.cgi

and send to an SMS enabled One2Call number it comes back with

"The mobile you entered has not been subscribed for this service yet".

think what they refer to here is that it's not web enabled cos i can do SMS to this number when inside Thailand from another Thai mobile.

Schwitz

On the ICQ application prog in the SMS section there's a box for Network Code just before the box where you enter the phone number. does this need data?

fyi http://www.systransoft.com/ will translate whole web pages. works pretty good.

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

Archived