sending SMS from overseas to Thai One-2-Call

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackie

tried http://www.mailsurf.com/

looks like a nice site. even do leeters i see. pity there's no thai translation.

it reports SMS successfully delivered. called the pooying yet but guess she's shielded by a ring of horny farangs in the thermae [00.30 BKK time]. let you know prungnee.

Well I maintain that if you are sending int'l SMS messages from some web site, the web site where it originated is irrelevent (except, perhaps, AIS' own website or sites within Thailand -- that do not need to route through multiple gateways, etc). The web site, after all, will simply present the message to some SMS gateway, and eventually the message will find its way to AIS' gateway.

What I'm saying is that if guy A uses www.sms-my-butt.com and guy B uses www.sms-my-hole.com, and they both send to the same target number in thailand, I would expect that A and B will either both work or both not work. Since others have testified that they have gotten sms messages to one2call phones, then the general case should be that this works.

However, I don't rule out that there could be subtle differences in sim cards or whatever such that some phones work and others don't. Since one2call is not a "full-service" service, perhaps keeping sms functioning properly is not a priority and if it is broken as a side-effect of some other sim card thing, they don't care, etc.

baa,

you're right abt Thermae, it's a black hole(sic) for mobiles laugh.gif" border="0 She will get it as soon as she surfaces..... heh heh!

Are you in BKK now?

called the pooying and she now has messages on her 1-2-call phone so something's working. sprayed her from multiple sites so don't know what worked and what didn't but thanks to all for the suggestions.

now, anyone know how to get a 1-2-call phone to SMS overseas. more of a technical challenge than anything else.

baa,

your test sms came thru ok but there must have been a backlog as it came thru while I was unconscious with Jack Daniels.... laugh.gif" border="0

AFAIK it's not possible to send an sms out of LOS via one-2-call. frown.gif" border="0

Can your pooying use a pc to send sms via mailsurf?

Blackie

not sure if i have patience to teach her to use a PC. she has enough difficulty reading the few SMSs i send her. i'll give it a shot next time. she was picking up the basics on a handheld i took out last time but it didn't seem to enjoy getting a bottle of Chang spilled over it and elected for an early retirement. with luck i'll be over in 10-14 days. who is Sticky?

Jack D. eh? obviously a man of wealth and taste. glad to hear the tests were successful. cheers.

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: farangbaa ]

Archived