sim cards

does anybody know the cost of a ais gsm or wp1800 sim card for an unlocked mobile that can be used in los? any advice would be a bonus. thanks in advance

thanks leroy thats good info. can you buy sim card only for wp1800? i find it weird that you have to buy telephone as well as a sim card.

I just checked the prices at MBK (4th floor). If you want the latest promotion from AIS then it'll cost you around 5000 baht. I went with a Thai and he got it, so I'm not getting the farang surcharge.

That 1200 baht price sounds like the cost of a second number/card for an existing account.

Cheers!

Crash999. 1200 THB is what my sister-in-law paid about 3 weeks ago.

I replaced my mobile, but kept my SIM, and sold her my old phone. She went to AIS office Bang Na got the latest promotion (P2):-

500 THB/Month Service charge

250 THB/Month for up to 1000 THB of calls a month

Total 750 THB / Month. This is for a 36 Month contract.

Maybe you got some other promotion

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Mekong ]

Mekong,

I think we're talking about two different issues:

1) Does this guy have a sim card yet? Sounds like he has a phone and no card. He needs to buy a sim card and no phone. The way the MBK stores get around this is by selling him (on paper only) a cheap old registered phone that already has a sim card. He then uses the old sim in his new (fixed) phone and *presto* he is legit. He will still need a promotion, of course, but this comes with the 5000 baht.

2) If he already has a SIM and is just looking to upgrade his promotion then he will have a number of options. My Thai friend paid for the best one which was 5000 baht for 500 a month service charge and then something like 750 baht a month for 3000 baht's worth of calls for the next 3 years.

I'm also going to upgrade my promotion as I make over my current promotion's amount of phone calls per month and, as such, I'd probably break-even within 2-3 months on a new promotion.

Cheers!

Can someone tell me the difference in use for the 0ne2call cardsystem between a scratch simcard and a normal simcard.

Thanks for your reply

Archived