Thai 360 Dream Team

ChristianTroy

1) Markus Miller (Knickname Killer Miller, recently elected as germanies finest even when he is just a 2nd division player)

2) Phillip Lahm

3) John Terry

4) Fabio Cannavaro

5) Carles Puyol

6) Thorsten Frings

7) Ronaldinho

8) David Beckham

9) Michael Ballack

10) Samuel Eto'o

11) Miroslav Klose

:)

Boy, have you got opposite taste in players to me!

I can't believe you've got England players in yours but then only the worst/most over-rated. And, of course, you've got too many German players in there. You haven't got the best players in the world anymore, you know! You've been crap since 1996! France currently have better players than you, Italy have better players than you and so do England.

And how you can leave Cristiano Ronaldo out, I don't know! I'm a Liverpool/England fan and so it hurts to say it, but, he's probably currently one of the best three players in the world.

1. Miller. Who? :confused:

2. Lahm. He's OK but Ashley Cole's a bit better (and I say that not liking Ashley Cole - I just have to admit he's damn good.)

3. John Terry. Nah, too slow. Drags the team back because he's slow. Could even lose his place to Woodgate (who's a better defender).

4. Cannavaro. Can't argue with that one!

5. Puyol. Overrated. Just fouls a lot.

6. Frings. :rotfl: Or how about Hargreaves/Joey Barton/any old midfielder with a half-decent shot?

7. Ronaldhinho. Can't argue much with this one.

8. Beckham. Again, you're picking on old reputation. He just isn't good enough to get into a world eleven anymore. If he were, he'd be in the England team and he wouldn't be fucking off to the American league to play quarterback.

9. Ballack. A couple of years ago, yeah. This season he's been very ordinary. And I've noticed he's relatively slow. Gerrard is better.

10. Eto'o. I'll give you that one.

11. Klose. I'm not convinced he's anything more than a Schillaci (sp?) He pops up for a year or two and scores lots of goals but he isn't that good. Didn't he play in minor leagues until pretty recently?

Here's mine (where I put two players, I don't care which plays)

1. Goaly: Don't bloody know. Cech? Buffon?

2. Left back: Ashley Cole.

3. Right back: Zambrotta? Alves?

4. Centre-back: Cannavaro

5. Centre-back: Gallas? Woodgate?

6. Midfield: C. Ronaldo

7. Midfield: Gerrard

8. Midfield: Ronaldinho

9. Midfield: Kaka

10. Forward: Villa/Eto'o

11. Forward: Henry/Drogba

There you go. A much quicker and skilful team to run rings around yours (you've got a lot of slow players). If I thought it was lacking grit, I'd bring on Essien in place of, say, Kaka, at half-time.

Notice that I've got only 2 of my countrymen definitely in my first team while you've inexplicably managed to pick 5 (5! :shocked: ) out of your currently meagre pool of talent. I don't wish to hear anymore talk of English nationalism from now on! :smirk:

Thank you for your contribution!

Klose is 5 years improving steadily (do not pretend you know much about him, I am sure you dont follow the bundesliga or other games of Werder Bremen too much)

Frings position is one of those that you don't see by spectacular actions but is one of the most important ones! Frings is a goodie but I doubt that you have seen him play too many times, Gerrard is great could have picked him too but went for the german guy.

Miller Who?

exactly, young fella from my local team, he is already called the young Oliver Kahn, write down his name somewhere you won't throw away for a couple of years and have a look at it in 2 to 3 years! I had to give one youngster the chance! Give it some time and everybody will know him!

Lehman said, he is the rising star and will be the goalie who takes my place. Kahn said that this guy is not the next Kahn because he is already better with 24 than he was. And Jogi Löw the german team manager said that he will give him a shot in one of the next matches which is sensational since Miller plays 2nd division!

However, they time will come and he will probably go for huge money to an EPL team!

The trouble about goalkeepers is that so many look good at a young age. You think they're going to be great but then they often fall apart.

Speaking bitterly as a Liverpool fan, I can cite:

1. David James (looked absolutely great at Watford)

2. Chris Kirkland (looked great at Coventry)

3. Scott Carson (although he may come good again)

There's also Paul Robinson - he looked great while very young playing for Leeds in the Champions League.

Frings is OK, not much more. I can't believe anyone would put him ahead of Gerrard, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka or Essien.

Your team is too slow for mine. Beckham is slow, Terry is slow, Frings is slow, Puyol is slow, Ballack is slow (that's why Mourinho has said he's playing Essien rather than Ballack as emergency centre-back.)

Looking at my team, I definitely subconciously value speed! They're all fast as fuck! :D

Over the past few seasons, Rafa Benitez has tried to buy players like Villa and Woodgate but has annoyingly settled for lesser players when he was quoted too high a price. I really hope he manages to get Alves at the end of this season (but I fear it's now too late because Chelsea need just this sort of right back as well)

Take a look at him here - what a right back!

Alves in action in just one game!

I wouldn't put Frings in the same light as Gerrard, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka or Essien

his position is different. He is the man in front of the 4 back. Essien is TRYING to play this role but he is too predictable and not very strong in the defense. Gerrard has his strengths as a crosser, ROnaldo is a winger, Ronaldhinio is a skipper, Kaka is a skipper. Frings is the leader of the defense playing in front of the defensive line. Like I have said 100000000 times, his role is unspectacular you dont see him doing magic he is doing his job, he is defending by winning 89% of his challenges over the entire season which puts him 29% over the top of the next best Bundesliga player! Frings position the old fashionend Number 6 is the strategical most important in a 4-2-2-2 system. Hargreaves is trying to play this role at Bayern and Lampard is playing a similar role at chelsea. Hargreaves was playing it at the world cup. Hamann was playing it but none of the people you have mentionend!

Beckham is Reals finest right now, and where I put him in my squad all he needs to do is crossing an share the set pieces with Ronaldhino. Whats the keeper thinking when Beckham and Ronaldinho are about to shoot a freekick??? Pure fear that is! I dont care if english people want to destroy Beckhams image, kinda matches everything I think about England, fact is that the break he had at real made him fresh again because real players are worn out fucks by playing friendly tournaments in Japan when others are on vacation. I saw him against Munich and he was the best man on the field!

Yeah fast players are good but not everything! Odonkor is the fastest player in the world and you said being fast is not everthing.

Ballack is a skipper and Jose should put him in charge and his performance will improve. He is also worn out. When others had holidays he was moving to London and there was no player last year with more media attention then him because every network was interviewing him about the world cup.

I am sure my team would be good enough to beat every current team.

I agree on the goal keeper thing you have said but you cant compare english keepers with german keepers that is heaven and hell and probably the only thing we ever agree on.

Miller is like Kahn which doesn't mean he controls the bix it means he is the leader of the team. Kahn is so valuable because of his personalty and what he can do for the team. Miller is just like that, always 100% motivated and if a defender makes a mistake he eats him alive. There is a chance that he cant handle the pressure anymore but I highly doubt it, he is too head strong!

Archived