True super hi-speed

khunsanuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be legimitate.

I have 3 Mb now from my service provider. The computers hooked up on ethernet have a faster internet access thru the router. The computer that was hooked up the USB port had the lowest. My notebook, wireless, is slower then my ethernet computers but can be dramatically increased by changing to a faster router and getting a matching card to go with it.

As for getting a faster service, my provider in the USA can change this at the home office. Takes about 1-2 minutes. Problem is, they claim they give you something faster but it is hard to prove you are getting what you agreed upon. I found a utility with my router that gives the dead nuts values. I ran this by my service provider till they finally gave me what I was paying for.

I have true and recently noticed the bandwidth meter flicking out twice as far as before. But on the other hand there seems to be very lengthy delays before there is any action. I spend a lot of time staring at blank screens waiting for web pages to load with no packets transferring at all. Some things seem a bit better like file transfer, some things a bit worse like browsing.

It would be easy for true to claim they are giving all their customers 1 gigabit internet. Whatever number they publish is not backed up by them. I know this first hand because I called them on it that I wasn't getting the speed of the package. They tried to weasel out of it with all sorts of excuses which I dispelled one by one until they finally got a tech out to me who finally conceded I was right and explained they don't guarantee anything and you just have to take it as is, whatever that might be. For them, that was how they solved the technical support incident. What an amazing business practice "we don't care what speed you get, we call it whatever we want to call it".

Hi,

Downloading 3 movies at a combined 70Kb/s now, so yeah, doing quite well.

Having looked at that site again, it seems a special promotion for people who also subscribe to True Move or UBC (True Vision?). Getting UBC installed on Sat, so might try this super hi-speed then.

Sanuk!

Archived