Help!! Can not log on to this board.

sanukdee

I recently formatted and reinstalled windows 98 second edition on my computer.

Now I can not log on to this board.

When I do log in I get "processing...thanks for logging on sit tight we are taking you back to nanaplaza.com/board...""

but then two seconds later it takes me back to the main page and the "you are not logged in..."

It isn't a problem with the user name or password either as I signed up again as a new member today and have the same problem.

BTW I am posting this from an old computer I dug out of the closet, but the display is messed up (missing the right driver) and the modem is slow. But at least it allows me to log in and post messages.

Also I have the same problem with my mail.com site.

But I don't have any problem logging into my excite page or hotmail, etc.

I even did a second format and reinstall windows yesterday but still have the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's driving me crazy to only be able to view the board and not be able to log in and post.

From what I understand your newer system will not let you log in to the board but the older one will. I assume you are using the same ISP either way.

When you reinstalled 98 SE, what did you do beyond that? In other words, have you changed the default browser, IE 5.01, updated files from Microsoft's update site, or installed any other software prior to attempting to access the board?

If you are unsure of which version of IE you are running, bring up your browser, click Help - About Internet Explorer, and look for the version number. Help is located at the top of your browser window.

If you are running the latest version, IE 6.0 beta, that may be the problem.

You say mail.com is the only other site where you encounter problems?

Were you ever able to log in after the reinstall?

I'd be happy to try to help, if nobody else chimes in first.

Yes the same ISP for both computers and I didn't add any special software before attempting to log on.

One thing this older computer that I am able to log on with has Internet Explorer 5.50 and my newer one after reinstall has Internet Explorer 5.00 so maybe that is the problem. I'll try upgrading to 5.50 and report back to you. Thanks.

Yes mail.com is the only other site, I have found, that has this problem too. And no after reinstall I have never been able to log on despite many repeated attempts.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: sanukdee ]

quote:

Originally posted by sanukdee:

I recently formatted and reinstalled windows 98 second edition on my computer.

Now I can not log on to this board.

When I do log in I get "processing...thanks for logging on sit tight we are taking you back to nanaplaza.com/board..."".

Try clearing the browsers cache and the cookies too. Try again. If the problem persists try a newer vesrion of the same browser or another browser like Netscape or Opera.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Adik Gede ]

I'm logged in now!!

Thank you Brink15 and especially Adik Gede for coming up with the right solution.

I installed Netscape browser and I logged on with the first try! I'll make Netscape my default browser for sure. Looks better AND works better then Mircoshaft.

If you only knew how many hours I wasted trying to fix this elusive problem. I think I tried every other way to correct it.

Well now that this headache is over I can get back to sanuk. cool.gif" border="0

Archived