difference between Premier league and the rest

eee

I'm new to football. What's the difference between the Premier league and the rest in England. How many games per season and when is the end of the season championship? I also noticed that you play against other European teams. How often do you play them? Last year there was World Cup in Germany. Is there going to be all international championship competition this year as well or are they only held every 4 years for the World Cup?. I realized that we had a football channel here in the states a couple of months ago and seems to be watching the channel every chance I get. Football is truely an international game. There are people from all corners of the world playing for different teams. I love it. When I was in Thailand-Pattaya last May and June I watched football every chance I got. The only aspect of the game I don't like about the sport are the Huligans. You see them everywhere in Pattaya! There's also a chantting during the game. I don't know what you're saying but it sure souds cool. Sounds like a war chants before a battle. chok dii eee

the 'Premier League' is just a name.

the authorities like to muck about with the names every now and then.

basically there are 4 Leagues with 92 Teams represented.

the Teams in the lower Leagues strive to get to the PL.

each Team in the PL plays 38 Games in a 9 Month period and whoever gets the most points wins,the 3 with the least points drop out to be replaced from the next League down.

the European question is a little more complicated.

the top 4 Teams in the PL will qualify for European Competition the next Season and play in a knock-out tournament against other Teams around Europe.

but the qualification for Europe can be complicated.

things such as Inter-Toto Cup and Fair Play League come into effect.

therefore i won't even go there......

World Cup is like the Olympics,every 4 Years.

Archived