Best location in Phuket

mickey707

I'm looking to come back to LOS this year after my first visit last August, which I have to say was one of, if not the best holiday i've had. I split my trip last year between Bangkok and Pattaya but this year i would like to visit Phuket too. Where would be the best location on Phuket. I don't want to be in a secluded beach area but have a bit of everything fairly close by. Nice beach and good nightlife.

I enjoyed to two location trip but Pattaya beach is not so nice, but the nightlife was great.

I hope to fit in all 3 this year.

thanks in advance for any info

Patong has a lot of nightlife (not as much as Pattaya) while Karon and Kata have just a couple of beer bars each.

have been in Phuket last week for a couple of days; it's pretty crowded and prices are going up everywhere!

the hotel wanted 1200 THB for a one way airport transfer! crazy!

Guest lazyphil

wow, as much as the plane ticket from bkk, greedy buggers....i'd rent a mountain bike if they in fact had them and use a rucksack to carry my gear, bypass this bs

mickey make sure you go to phuket fantasea :thumbup:

Phuket is my favorite area in Thailand, but as mentioned above prices are going up and its getting more crowded (but still much less crowded than Bangkok or Pattaya).

If the nightlife is high on your agenda, you definitely want to be in Patong, which also has a great beach.

The nightlife in Patong is more relaxed and not so much 'in your face' as Pattaya, which I like. Whereas Pattaya and Bangkok are both well known for their a-go-gos, Phuket nightlife is mainly beer bars and discos. Patong has a few a-go-gos, but they are high pressure ripoff joints. Overall the crowd is much different too - Phuket is more upscale and attracts a lot of middle aged European couples, vs Pattaya which caters more to single guys looking for a cheap holiday.

I concur with Dali; I just returned from Phuket on Feb. 1. Great beaches Kata was the best I thought. But for punters Pattaya is your best bet. Most of the hotels are charging a "joiners Fee" of 1000 Baht to bring a girl back to your room that's more than the cost for a double room "which they won't let you book for punting only if you stay with the same girl the whole time" Sightseeing, beaching, diving all great though but you wiil pay tourist prices.

Example: Private speedboat Pattaya to go for the whole day is 2000 Baht. In Phuket they said it was over 10,000. They do the cattle call tours a lot crowd 20 people on 100s of boats. It is beautiful though.

I stayed at the Patong Bay Garden Resort very nice close to Bangla road party section but still not punter friendly.

Hope this helps

S1

• 3 weeks later...

Was in Phuket last week. Stay in Patong within walking distance of Soi Bangla if you are interested in nightlife. For girls, Pattaya was much better in terms of prices, what they will do and number of good looking girls. There are some stunners to be found in Phuket but you will have a hard time getting them for 1K Baht. Phuket is much nicer in terms of beaches and scenery. Lots of great day trips which you should do. That is the thing that make Phuket better than Pattaya. If you are only interested in drinking and sex you would be better to stay with Pattaya. You'll be disappointed with Phuket.

I lived in Phuket for two years....as far as I am concerened it is the greatest spot in the world.

Patong=nightlife / with day trips to Nai Harn, Surin, Kamala beaches.

Should you get sick of the nightlife take a girl and go shack up near kata and karon.

Get a motorcycle if you feel safe enough and go real slow.

All the modern conveniences of western lifestyle with an islandy feel mon.

i cannot compare Patong to Pattaya as i have never been to Pattaya.

but i love Patong and would not dream of going anywhere else.

i cannot comment on prices between the 2 resorts but know it got cheaper for me over the Years in Patong.

i was quoted 2000 for Go-Go Girls and 1000 for Bar Beer Girls LT in 2000.

i was on my first visit and just accepted these prices and thought it was normal.

5 Years later i was still being quoted the same fee but getting a better deal as the Pound had strengthed against the Baht.

but i always advocate finding a couple of Bars and becoming a regular.

i always tell the Girls i am a Butterfly and am totally honest upfront.

this has led to Friendships and offers of 1,2,3 Girl parties,which many times i accepted.

also free sex,well no fee paid after the deed but a gift bought instead.

i wasted my time on Phuket on trips over 5 Years by just spending many Days sitting in Bars and getting pissed throughout the Day.

there is so much to do on Phuket and when i return in 2010 i will be doing as many as the tourist things i can do.

the Nightlife will still play a big part of the trip but will look for a Girl on the first Night and just keep her for the duration of the trip and do things with her.

Archived