Internet Connections

After many months of using CS Internet, I finally got fed up because I was having problems entering the password.

I decided to change to Loxinfo believing it to be the 'Rolls Royce' of internet connections, but sadly it's worse. Without fail, I get disconnected once, twice perhaps even 3 times but always within the first 10 minutes of logging on. After that it's ok and I can stay connected for hours. Is it Loxinfo or could it be my crappy phone?

Thanks lads.

Most of the ISP's will have problems some of the time in Bangkok. Ksc is usually quiet good I agree and many will say Loxinfo also.

A good idea is to have a back up package like CS internet and switch when you have login problems.

I think these 3 are the best from my experience with many of the ISP's I have tried.

If you want to check your phone line Telecom Asia will come around for free within 24 hours and test it. I had this done when getting disconnected regularly and could not find any solution. The Telecom Asia repair guy checked the line and found it was not clear. He then ran a simple earth wire from my computer outside into the ground and I never have had anymore trouble since. The problem seemed to be the static electricity going from the famous unearthed Thai power plugs straight though to the phone line.

I have been using Loxinfo for the past year or so.

The connection has not been so good over the last few weeks, before that I found it to be very reliable.

If it does not improve soon. i will lokk to change.

Disconnections are very frustrating.

The connection dropped 3 times whilst penning this post

I have been using Loxinfo, CScom, KSC and Samart over the last two years. I use Samart right now because I get it for free. As a backup I use KSC. I do not work with a monthly subscription, just buy a fixed number of hours, and KSC is the only one, as far as I have discovered that let you use up the hours over a long time period.

The problem that is described about being logged off, I actually have most problems with KSC regarding this matter.

I would rate CSComs as the one that has cost me the least of problems.

I think the connections all are reasonable, but at certain times, in my experience, the whole system gets blocked with no possibility of opening another URL anymore. I think it seems to happen when the US gets on line, like in the evening hours in Bangkok.

bar prices

Thanks lads for all the great advice. It seems as though Loxinfo is having problems.

I've been using CS Internet again today and so far no disconnections in 5 hours.

Thanks DB

So what you're saying is that my normal modus operandi of opening zillions of different windows as soon as the connection is made is not a good idea.

I always felt that I should at least wait a few minutes.

Phil,

I doubt, that the problem comes from your line/modem if you haven't had similar symptoms observed with your former provider CS Internet.

Sometimes internet providers do have funny priority rules at their servers how to handle incoming call attempts, such as the longer you are connected the less are the chances that you will be automatically disconnected due to traffic overload. Furthermore, some subscribers do have higher priority rights than others which means their incoming call will always be proceeded while already connected subscriber with lower priority will be automatically disconnected. Even in Thailand not everybody is equal to each other. wink.gif" border="0

I am using KSC and disconnections are very, very rare.

Cheers,

bkkgeorge

Phil,

I went through most of the ISP's and ended up with A-net. It is not the most popular but I found it to be the most dependable. I was consulting via the internet while I was in Thailand and depended on large downloads. The email is very good and I once downloaded 31 meg without a problem.

Gary

i've used Loxinfo, and they've seemd pretty good - also used them abroad by using GRICdial which is handy. Am looking for high speed access ie dsl or cable.

PS I recommend Getright - it'll be a massive help for when you're downloading files. It'll allow you to drop connections and then reconnect and continue downloading where you left off - very useful in less reliable parts of the world...

cheerio

I got hold of an internet package called 'Dawn to Dusk' - an incredible 100 hours for 400 baht (recommended by several Thai people)

Admittedly it doesn't seem to disconnect at all, but I've noticed that it doesn't refresh web pages either.

Still having trouble with Loxinfo - that's the last time I use them.

Archived