Internet Connections

Phil, I use Loxinfo and have done for almost three years. Initially I had a few small problems but ever since, it has been trouble free. The configuration of your system is important but more than anything - BUY A GOOD MODEM. I use and recommend a US Robotics EXTERNAL modem and I have solid connections and regularly trasnfer data at 5.5 - 6.0 K a second - any time of the day. I also seldom get a busy signal and if I do, I always get a free line within 1 - 2 minutes. The line falls over about once a month.

With all of this in mind, I would go as far to say that Loxinfo is even more reliable than the provider I used to use back in NZ. I have another friend who uses Loxinfo and he gets similar performance to me.

Stick

quote:

The s10 register is the carrier signal loss wait-time. The value you enter is 10ths of a second -- s10=100 [note: no quotes] is 10 seconds. The maximum value, I believe, is 255.

DB

So for those of us who know seven eighths of fuck all about computers, is whosyourdaddy's idea a good one or not?

Archived