Thermae Early closing

I was talking to a reliable source tonight and Thermae early closing has been brought on by an unwillingness to pay a higher fee to Lumpinee police nothingto do with cracking down non late bars. They were getting off with a much lower fee than anywhere else and then refused to pay the higher amount.

Now you know why Nama Disco has extra time it's to take Thermae's custom.

Going rate in the street after 2-3am is now 500B LT. feel free to Barter to that price.

This is a very interesting and informative post Mr. Rictic. Thank you.

I was in Thermae last Friday night at 0245 when the lights went on. The staff did not say a word to any farangs that I noticed. However, I saw them going up to the Thai ladies (particularly the unattached and 'non-drinking' ones) and muttered something to them - probably something like 'Beat It.' They left and the farangs, not wanting to be left inside without ladies, followed shortly.

When I left Thermae around 0315 (with a stunning 20-year university student, I might add), there must have been 100+ folks just outside.

I would like to ask how you guys feel about just taking a lady off the street. Dangerous? I would think possibly. But, any different than taking one from a freelancing venue like Thermae, Biergarten 7, Angels Disco, etc? Maybe not. But, I think there is a small margin of safety in taking a lady from a gogo bar, for example, should something go amiss.

What do you think?

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

(with a stunning 20-year university student, I might add)

What do you think?

Isn't it amazing how many university students, hairdressers, secretaries,business women, I even met a nurse there one time, you find in Thermae!!!

If they were in any other profession I would think they were telling lies. But you never get dishonest hookers.....

smile.gif" border="0

Roger.

• 1 month later...

I was there twice this week, but the latest I left was 2:00 and things were still going strong. Later I was told by another farang that they are closing early, about 2:00. I did arrive one night at 11:30 and things were going strong then, so I suggest you get there earlier.

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: pattayaman ]

The only "street" area I don't particularly like is right accross from Majestic Suites/as you cross comeing from Nana Plaza, the spot starting at the bus stop and going out of town up until around Soi 5. Once you get past Soi 5, the girls are basically same ones heading to Thermae or the BeerGarden. Any time a girl is moving,(or sitting at a food stall eating) she is fair game, but those who sit on the concrete and flirt I don't think I would consider.

good luck,

Nok

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: NokTang ]

How punters go about selecting which girl to take home is amusing. Since the decision is often made in a matter of seconds/minutes, we process very superficial information about the girl while I brains are typically impaired by alcohol. We also assign value to the girl based upon where we meet her. If it’s at a nice club, some guys will automatically assume that she’s “worthy” of their attentions while other punters see “sidewalk girls” as good value. And the girls are applying their own discriminating process (does he have money?, look nice, clean, etc). Basically the free market system continues to thrive in Thailand’s night trade.

quote:

Originally posted by NokTang:

... Any time a girl is moving,(or sitting at a food stall eating) she is fair game, but those who sit on the concrete and flirt I don't think I would consider.

It surely has been said elsewhere, but allow it to be reiterated. These early closings are a Godsend to us punters. I need cops to kick my sorry drunk ass out of the bars, and to get me "off the fence" and decide upon a girl. Otherwise, I could drink and girl-shop all damn night; and, the later my decision, the more horrifying it proves to be, the next morning (afternoon). blush.gif" border="0

I checked out the Thermae again on Tuesday. Thr door sign says 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM. That night people were starting to clear out about 1:45 AM.

I was heading over to Nana Disco to see if that was drawing more people. Lot's of street action along the way. I never made it to the Disco. As I wandered through the closing down bars at NEP before going across the street to the Nana Hotel Disco, a young sweetie caught my eye. She escored me into the bar area as she had seen me at the same time. We struck a deal. I've spent a couple of days with her so far.

Take it where and when you can find it, which is almost anywhere any time. Keep the possibilities open, sometimes you'll get a nice surprise!!

Archived