Sanuking in Hua Hin

Going to Hua Hin for a few golfing days in the beginning of June..

Any suggestions regarding night life, girl scene?

I cannot bring the girl to my room as I am with a friend... so ST facilities, parlours etc. are of particular interest.

Thanx

Dry Son

I haven't been to Hua Hin since '99 so this may be slightly out of date but it might help a little.

There are a few beer bars/ST bars on soi Bamlungar, most of which have ST rooms upstairs. They are all clustered together on the same soi, the scene there is quite low-key. The girls are pretty average Isaan girls, with a few lookers amongst them.

A lot of bargirls go to the Paradise disco when they finish work, not really to freelance but to have fun with their friends. It should be easy to pick up girls there though. Be advised that most Thai girls there are not bargirls, just regular girls on a night out, so be discreet. My best memory of Hua Hin nightlife is of piling into a tuk-tuk with 3 bargirls from U-turn bar and dancing the night away at the Paradise until 4 am.

The scene is enough for a short stay.

Thanx a lot. This will come in handy.

Do you remember anything about ST cost? Hua Hin is a notoriously expensive place to stay... a bit a la Phuket, as I understand it..

Greetings and salutations

Dry Son

I spent two days golfing in Hua Hin with buddies a few months ago. I liked the laid back atmosphere of the town, which was a refreshing change of pace from frenetic Bangkok. Fortunately the trip focal point was golf, eating, and drinking since there were slim pickings in the bars in terms of quality. Not surprising since Hua Hin is not exactly sanuking central.

Enjoy the golf, good seafood, and the relaxing environment ... and don't expect too much from the night scene.

-

Dry Son,

Well in '99 it wasn't that expensive really, from what I remember barfines were 300 baht in the beer bars come ST bars and ST was of course "up to you" but none of the girls pulled faces at 600-700 baht. I was a newbie then and I expect I could have got it a lot cheaper if I'd known.

Even today I would expect to be able to get ST for that price without any trouble, but I can't be certain as I've not been back since then.

Have a good time there, the seafood is really excellent, and perhaps you could post your findings upon return.

Cheers,

Deejay.

I was there for one night in late Feb - had a great experience with one of the girls in a beer bar on that beer bar street. she didn't speak any english, but I spent a couple of enjoyable hours at the bar with her pouring my drinks and chatting with the two women who ran the bar. I ended up barfining the girl but explained everything first to the bar manager (wanted long time, but needed to be very discreet at the small but quite wonderful hotel I was staying at). She was lovely and I still think of her now that I'm back from paradise.

I gave her about 1500 bt and she seemed very pleased with that. She probably would have taken less with a smile.

Archived