The best restaurant in Bangkok is??

Small menu is noramlly a good sign! Most good restauranats in europe have a limited menu. Surprised you listed C'est Bon because in my opinion it ain't.

Nobody has mentioned Reflextions (A Plaza) they did have a really good chef there. Also La Banyan soi 8, went last night and was superb.

Lord Jum best seafood restaurant in the World! B Bill where have you been......try Overtons, or my favourite the Poissoniere de la Avenue (Chelsea) but there are so many good seafood restaurants in Europe selling proper seafood (NOT warm water)they are all in a different class!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link Lord Toad, he seemed to like Sirocco a lot! Did you agree with his assessment?

I'm leaning towards Sirocco at the moment....mainly due to seeing anything mentioned a long the river that sounds really nice. I was hoping for a nice river view.

Man Zombie ,

there was a man on this board whose name I forgot , he wanted to impress his Thai Gf . Khun BuBi offered his free assistance and the man , which is all I know from the waiter, has been back again and again . In the end great places are where you are served by great people . Over to you .

BuBi

"Lord Jum best seafood restaurant in the World! "

Where did I say that ?

Although I do not like the place for the noisy music , I am repeating that the way they do the fish is close to perfection . They give you a choice between fresh from Thailand ( pond ) or flown in daily from somewhere . There is a way to do fish where you have to say that's it . Your Chelsea Overtom I have not heard of , have not been to Chelsea for ages . last I know was Chelsea Rendezvous , chinese . HRH Charles before Lady Di been there with his GF .

BuBi

A lot of high end expensive places suggested, was always told food does not always get better the more you pay and this is especially true for Thai food. :D

you are right for Thai food! there are also not many Thai restuarants mentioned in this thread.

somebody mentioned Benjarong at Dusit. you go there mainly for the atmosphere, service and elegance of the restaurant.

in many such hotel restaurants or other high priced Thai restaurants food is "westernized" or at least toned down re spices

i also prefer mid priced thai restaurant where they focus on good and authentic food

Thanks for the link Lord Toad, he seemed to like Sirocco a lot! Did you agree with his assessment?

yes he very much agrees with his assessment! :grin: :grin: :grin:

anyway also thanks for the link, have found some restaurants that i do not know yet and will get them a try!

The best restaurant for me, and the best dining experience I have had in Bangkok, was at Angelini's, in the Shangri La Hotel. This restaurant gets voted the best Italian restaurant in any hotel in the world all the time.

I wouldn't say it is the best, but I reckon the New York Steakhouse in the JW Marriott is also really excellent. Western quality food, Western quality setting, almost Western quality service and most definitely western level pricing!

I will point out however that while I feel Angelini's is the best, it is *not* my favourite. That honour falls to Zanotti which is also very nice, but that little bit more casual.

Stick

Archived