The best restaurant in Bangkok is??

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD:

Just curious, but would you put Rang Mahal ahead of Hazara? Haven't been to Rang Mahal, but I have really liked Hazara a lot, probably my 2nd favorite Indian place ever.

If RM is that good, I'll have to try it next time.

BTW, looks like I am around frpm March 30th thru April 5. Let me know if that overlaps with your travels.

l'Opera has recently gone downhill. there are at least half a dozen better italian restaurant in town.

Angelini (Shangrila), Biscotti (Four Seasons), Zanotti (Saladaeng), Gianni's (Tonson), Rossini (Sheraton Sukhumvit) and the newer Beccofino (Thonglor) and La Villa (Thonglor)

French beside Phillippe (Suk Soi 39), La Normandie (Oriental), D'Sens (Dusit), Banyan (Suk Soi 8), Le Beaulieu (Suk Soi 19), c'est bon (Ploenchit)

for meat lovers New York Steakhouse (J.W. Marriott), Neil's Tavern (Asoke and Ruam Rudee)

forget about Vertigo!

Just curious, but would you put Rang Mahal ahead of Hazara? Haven't been to Rang Mahal, but I have really liked Hazara a lot, probably my 2nd favorite Indian place ever.

If RM is that good, I'll have to try it next time.

BTW, looks like I am around frpm March 30th thru April 5. Let me know if that overlaps with your travels.

Food is probably equal IMHO. RM has better atmosphere (nice view anyway) and is easier to get to.

Back in BKK around Songkran (spending Easter/Spring Break with my girls), so I'll miss ya this time.

Cheers,

SD

>French beside Phillippe (Suk Soi 39), La Normandie (Oriental), D'Sens (Dusit),

>for meat lovers New York Steakhouse (J.W. Marriott)

Mmmm. A man after my own taste buds. Phillippe is better for the *food* (at least for foodies), nice rustic style french cooking, with things you do not often see on menus (Ox tounge, rabbit etc).

However, for sheer oommph, gotta be Normandie. Just the sheer class of service etc. Loved that they have two menus ( a mans menu and a ladies menu, with there being no prices on the ladies menu!!). Great service, good food. Pricy though, and don't expect to see much change from 20K (not if you like oysters and foie gras!!!) with drinks.

-j-

Wow! Thanks for all the input...seems like the high end places are as expensive as eating in the UK!!!!!!! And i'm still confused about where as there's a lot of choice by the looks of it...

as i already said below, Le Beaulieu is among the best french restaurants in Bangkok.

food is good, very carefully prepared by a french chef, who is really regularly in the kitchen.

but selection is not huge and the decoration of the restaurant is nothing special.

so more for those, who really enjoy good french food rather than for those who want to be impressed by a fancy location, huge selection and other extras!

Archived