Bar fines - beer bars?

fatbastard33

Whilst recently in Pattaya I met a little cutie in an air-con beer bar during the day.

I bar fined her (400 baht). On Day 2 she stayed with me so I paid another bar fine (400 Baht).

However, come Day 3 I took her to Bangkok (having met her at her beer bar) and no mention was said of a bar fine.

On Day 4 she returned to Pattaya from Bangkok on her own and I met her later in the bar (very unexpected and she was not in the bar but in her room) and once again no mention of any bar fine.

On Day 5 took her back to Bangkok (having met up with her in her beer bar) and once again no bar fine.

I was under the impression that if you took out a girl continuously from a beer bar you had to pay the bar fine.

I must admit I am not complaining but I am very surprised at how generous the beer bars are.

Fatbastard33

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

It surprises me too. Usually the bars never miss a chance to extract a few more baht.

It just makes me wonder if you were paying over the odds for the barfine in the first place? I know you're no newbie, I've read your trip reports but the normal barfine in a beer bar is 200 baht, I expect you know that. Maybe if the bar is a more upmarket aircon place they could charge more but 400 baht sounds a lot to me, that's go-go prices.

Alternatively, did she pay her own barfines, reckoning it was worth it as she'd recoup it with her LT fees. If she was new to it she might have been anxious not to put you off by asking for the extra barfines as well. That would be very unusual but who knows.

Or just maybe you got lucky and found a beerbar with a manager with a generous nature. I don't know if that's good business sense on their part or not...

FB33,

I posted elsewhere about a lovely I met on my last trip to the Thermae who gave me a great night and an early morning rejoinder and then left without taking the money I had set out for her.

I'll never understand the mind set of women, the occupations aside, you can't predict what's going to happen.

IMHO

Originally posted by DJ1999J: "It just makes me wonder if you were paying over the odds for the barfine in the first place?"

It could be. Normally I only go with freelancers when I am in Bangkok.

In Pattaya I went with a girl from an open air beer bar (200 Baht) and a go go girl from the Tahitian Queen (near Soi Postoffice) for 500 Baht - both LT.

I must admit I thought 400 Baht was a little bit steep for a non go go place. However, the beer bar was air con so I thought maybe I was paying a premium. Also it was early afternoon so I could have been involved in one of these two shift bar fines eg 200 Baht upto 7pm and 200 Baht after 7pm.

However, the extra money I paid was well worth it smile.gif" border="0

Fatbastard33

Your experience has two unusual elements. One is that there was no mention of the bar fine after the second day, the other is the rather high fine; 400B vesus the usual 200B.

But, on the average I guess you did better than 200B per day.

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: zigfreed ]

Originally posted by zigfreed:

"Your experience has two unusual elements. One is that there was no mention of the beer bar after teh second day, the other is the rather high fine; 400B vesus the usual 200B."

We ended up staying together for 5 nights and I was with her at some stage in the beer bar for every one of those 5 days. Yet I only had to pay 2 day's bar fines.

It does appear that the bar fine was rather high, but I got great value for my money smile.gif" border="0

Amazing Thailand!!!

Fatbastard33

<....usual barfine beerbars 200 baht>

This is what I also paid most times but not always; sometimes it was 300 baht.

But I never had to pay 400 baht in a beerbar.

The double-shiftbarfine or the bar being airconditioned could be a possible explanation for that.

Archived