How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

How dumb are Thais?

I'm not saying they are. I'm just asking.

From today's BKK Post:, regarding Italian food's popularity in LOS:

"... Besides, unlike other Western foods which require the use of confusing cutlery, Italian cuisine is attractive for its ''easy-going'' nature, she said.

''We can eat [food such as pizzas] with our bare hands, for instance. With Italian food, we don't have to remember the eating tools _ all those forks and knives _ that we are not so accustomed to,'' she said.

Japanese food, which is also popular, can sometimes be too complicated, particularly dishes made with raw fish which require sharp knives and cutting skills. ..."

Ahh, yes. All those forks and knives. And the spoons, my God, don't forget the horror of spoons.

Don't forget, these are the same people who, last week, were talking about how Thais are going to take-over the engineering of the mega-projects, no foreigners needed anymore.

The local university was going to offer specialized courses in mechanical engineering- they later switched it to a degree in mechanical pencils.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
GTG,

Like I said, I did see you and you were definately a girl...I just can't verify that the person I met was the person writing the posts. In any case, I was sorry you never returned...it would've been nice if you'd have stopped by more often (also, there wouldn't have been any confusion about this)

Well, verifying is difficult. I might have to go online for you all to see and actually type several replies in front of you. But then again, some of you might think that I memorise the replies from a farang friend. It wouldn't work anyway. People think what they what to think.

It would be nice it I can stop by. But I'm afraid of K Sanuk, ehehe

GTG

• 1 year later...

I recall being introduced to "her" at Woodstock one night...was clearly NOT as advertised, I said so, and the gang soon came clean...

I knew a guy who posted on this board claiming he was a Thai bar girl...started to get really into his role, after awhile, he couldn't talk right, and started to get cramps...

Archived