How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

Lots of strange thinking going on:

When I left Chumpon I found a new tenant for the house I rented 5k baht/month. He asked the landlord to take over the airco from me and to raise the rent to 6k.

Reply: we will put a new airco in there (and Thalenoi can take his airco with him) and raise the rent to 7k.

What? Thought the farang! I will pay 24k in just one year to pay for a new airco when I would be happy to pay 12k for an older one???

Reply of the landlord: If you don't like it we will lock the house and have it unoccupied...(same situation with 5 other houses out of the group of 10 houses)

Solution: he took over the airco from me and paid the landlord 5k/month

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An other example: house building.

They floored the place before they cemented the walls, as a result had to clean the tiles and replace a few they dammaged.

Then they painted the walls and re-had to clean and replace some tiles.

Not to mention tiles from two different ovens where delivered (see numbers on packing) which they tiled the living room with. I noticed and had them remove 60 odd tiles of 45cm x 45cm and had them replaced in an other room (luckily the cement was still frsh)

I've seen Thais do some very dumb things, and some Mexicans do some very dumb things, and some Americans do some really dumb things, etc. However, I don't make posts saying "How dumb are Mexicans?" because it's insulting to a large group of people for no reason.

I've also seen Farangs in Thailand do some very dumb things. For example, one of the dumb things I've seen Farangs do is to use anecdotal evidence to try to prove Thais are stupid.

Did you miss a part? Didn't they lay the floor tiles first and then painted the walls and then painted the ceiling last?

I had a bad rowe with my wife one day. She was painting the house in Thailand. She was using a roller so I could not see how she could screw that up. Then I noticed she wasn't using the paint pan but was dipping into the big bucket of paint. I straightened that out. It looked like everything was going alright when she decided to change colors. She dipped the fully loaded roller of yellow paint into the green paint. I told her not to do thst.... you must wash the roller first. So she dipped the roller into the water, wihout wringing out of the roller, and then stuck it once more into the green paint. Then she began painting a blushish, washed down paint onto the house. It looked like shit! I finally was able to teach her how to paint. But she said my method takes longer.

Archived