How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

I've seen Thais do some very dumb things, and some Mexicans do some very dumb things, and some Americans do some really dumb things, etc. However, I don't make posts saying "How dumb are Mexicans?" because it's insulting to a large group of people for no reason.

I've also seen Farangs in Thailand do some very dumb things. For example, one of the dumb things I've seen Farangs do is to use anecdotal evidence to try to prove Thais are stupid.

Expat,

I agree with your comments.

I lecture in a University in London. Last week I had a Year 1 class where there was a calculation which required a number to be "multiplied by 33 1/3%". When I put the calculation on the board as "multiplied by 1/3" this threw quite a few of my students as they could not associate 33 1/3% as being the same as 1/3.

All countires have people who do dumb things.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. Normal BGs coming from rural Isaan areas must be compared with similar groups in other countris.

The level of english spoken by the girls in Jakarta is WAY better than in Bangkok.

Most are also aware of what happens outside of their own country, which is definitely not the case in Thailand, where girls are not even aware of what happens outside their own village.

The vast majority of Thais are, by government design, under-educated. This allows the ruling class to continue to employ them at ridiculously low wages, and thus allow the ruling class to keep on ruling.

It is really unfair to label a largely uneducated population as "stupid".

I went to buy a hat once. One hat cost 25 baht. I asked how much would 3 hats cost. The person said 85 baht. No matter what I said, the price was 85 baht for 3 hats, ten baht more then if I bought each hat seperately. So I next tried buying each hat one at a time. The salesperson thought I was tricking him and would not sell. I gave up and walked away.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::stupid::banghead: :grin:

Thanks, I loved that one. Made my day and the best laugh I've had all week! You sneaky farang mi dii mahk mahk, jai dam muthafucka! Tryin' to cheat that poor hat salesman out of ten baht. :D :thumbup: Ahhhhhhhhh, ya gotta love 'em.

You don't see the Thai Gov't running off to invade some country that has a history of being un occupyable over centuries of invasions. Oh and of course doing it for no apparent reason and able to sell it to their people almost without question.

Now THAT is stupid!

The vast majority of Thais are, by government design, under-educated. This allows the ruling class to continue to employ them at ridiculously low wages, and thus allow the ruling class to keep on ruling.

I completely agree. However, are there any countries that don't do this?

I still remember in Primary School standing in regimented rows of students, putting my right hand over my heart and reciting the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of Amurrica. One line was "with liberty and justice for all." :) Is there an ironic smiley?

I learned a lot from this. For years when I was confused about left and right, I would simulate putting my hand over my heart to figure out which way was right.

Unfortunately, for a long time I also believed that America was the land of the free and the home of the brave, and by implication, that other countries were inferior. Many go to their grave believing (insert home country here) is the best damned country in the world! This is usually with no analysis; it's just brainwashing.

Archived