Congratulations Man Utd

teddy

i have a story to tell.

a few Weeks ago i posted that i was going to the match and had booked up for the special corporate hospitality option.

lunch with all the Players,private box,free food and drink all Day and hotel.

really a present for my Mum who has never experienced a Night match at OT.

we were both looking forward to it so much.

left home at 4am on the Day so that a slow leisurely drive could be had.

25 Minutes later we were sitting on the hard shoulder of the motorway after escaping a potentially dangerous situation.

driving at 80 mph in the middle lane when suddenly my bonnet (hood) just opened and smashed against the windscreen,shattering the glass and covering us in glass.

the bonnet was stuck and i could see what was ahead.

i couldn't move to the hard shoulder because the inside lane was full of traffic.

i could see a large container truck approaching from behind and i was expecting to be rear-ended.

i managed to move into the outside lane and by looking at the crash barrier and trying to follow the line of the road whilst slowing down at a reasonable rate so that i didn't skid or anything.

had to get out the car and pull the bonnet from the windscreen and it just fell away from the car.

managed to get across to the hard shoulder and use the emergency phone.

recovery vehicle was with us within 35 Minutes and we were tken home.

therefore we missed the match................

car is a mess but my Mum and i are safe apart from a few scratches.

thought the match became a bit farcical when all the PL Players came on.

i know the game was for European based Players and a lot of the top ones dropped out at short notice but i don't think that some of the late replacements were exactly household names outside England.

great free-kick from Ronaldo though.

i have a story to tell.

therefore we missed the match................

car is a mess but my Mum and i are safe apart from a few scratches.

Wow, what a story! Bad luck on missing what sounded like a tremendous day's entertainment, but, well, you and your mam being safe puts the football nonsense into perspective, doesn't it? I was on my way to the Stoke game straight from school (parents evening) when I got a call from my (estranged) wife saying that I needed to go home instead as me mam had hurt her leg and wasn't able to move around. I called me mam and the phone was ringing for ages before she answered it but that was because I had caught her on the toilet and she had been struggling to get downstairs to the phone. Still, from that it was clear that she was mobile and I didn't need to worry so I carried on to the match!

my Mum rang up OT 3 Hours before the Lunch and explained that we would not be attending due to the accident.

she was put through to the top Hospitality bloke and he said he thinks we will get a full refund due to the circumstances.

if we send in photocopies of the tickets and accompaning letter he will send us the programmes and try and get some of the Players to sign them.

top fella if he manages it...........

will be a nice present for my MU fanatical supporting Nephews in the US.

my Mum rang up OT 3 Hours before the Lunch and explained that we would not be attending due to the accident.

she was put through to the top Hospitality bloke and he said he thinks we will get a full refund due to the circumstances.

if we send in photocopies of the tickets and accompaning letter he will send us the programmes and try and get some of the Players to sign them.

top fella if he manages it...........

will be a nice present for my MU fanatical supporting Nephews in the US.

That's a bummer Sayjann, good to hear that you and your mum are OK though. :beer:

That's a nice gesture, just too bad you won't be able to get tix for your favorite game, since I don't think those tix apply to Arsenal games, do they?

In allseriosuness, I would get the tix sorted asap, before they 'forget'.

Archived