No Thai Equivalent

MooNoi

HN,

I didn't even knew what is what in swedish to had to use a dictionary - vaendkors/vändkors (ae is a letter in swedish looks like german ä, a special letter in danish too looks like ae put together).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't believe I spelt TURNSTILE wrong...

:doah:

I don't know what's worse... spelling it wrong, or being corrected by someone who's not a native English speaker... :help::shakehead

Talk about a loss of face.. :(

Saturday afternoon spent reading the dictionary as punishment...

I'll put it down to the weird MMS message I got yesterday. It really threw me. I even had to show it to Nervous Dog last night to make sure it's what I thought it was. :crazy:

What about �ระ�ูรั�ว bpra-dtoo rua or ��า��ระ�ู paan bpra-dtoo for turnstile?

Cheers,

SD

BTW, maybe should retranslate the swedish word to english as turning cross, one of the danish words is turning bar (the 2nd I ignore is something like "visitor counter"). I've a feeling that I've heard something in thai but as I can't read thai, don't know exactly what SD suggested.

I got it - I've heard thais use something like the french "tourniquet" with same meaning (the french verb tourner is to revolve), "revolving door" one internet dicitionary translated it to english with, for those who can understand french Link 2nd definition

The normal english meaning is #6..

Archived