• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
see if they know

�ระ�ูหมุ�

bpraÌ?-dtoo moÌ?on

or

à¸?าà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹?าà¸?ีà¹?มีà¹Âà¸Âà¸?หมุà¸?à¹?หà¹?à¸?à¹?าà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹?à¸?ีละà¸?à¸?

taang kaÌ?o teÌ?e mee gaen moÌ?on haÌ?i paÌ?an daÌ?ai tee laÌ kon

the 2nd is close to the "thing that turns when you walk through it"

I'm trying to learn and have these in my database.

To me à¸?ระà¸?ูหมุà¸? bpraÌ?-dtoo moÌ?on = "revolving door".

You gave the most accurate description of turnstile I've known so far. Everybody who are told will defintely know what you mean. But as someone said it is not a name - just a description. However, it is a workable description that should be used in the meantime.

English word which has no Thai equivolent that I can think of right now is [color:red]Accountability[/color] the concept that don't exist in Thai society! :shhh:

English word which has no Thai equivolent that I can think of right now is [color:red]Accountability[/color] the concept that don't exist in Thai society! :shhh:

Of course, the word would be �วามรั��ิ��อ� (kwaam rap pit chop), but the concept is indeed pretty much elusive...

Cheers,

SD

Of course' date=' the word would be �วามรั��ิ��อ� ([i']kwaam rap pit chop[/i]), but the concept is indeed pretty much elusive...

Cheers,

SD

The exact meaning ofkwaam rap pit chop is Responsibility. But ususally Thais use kwaam rap pit chop for Accountability just because it is the closest meaning they have in their vocab right now. So at this moment there is no Thai equivolent to Accountability per se.

Archived