Hey guys, Iâ??m Jeff Winston

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like the wife is coming out next week to figure out the school and house. I told her it just wasn't going to work for me to do it. She has already done some research and it appears a school called International School of Bangkok is the best choice. It seems most of the people send there kids there. Is there some place nice to live close by? Anyone else here send the kids there or live in the area?

I am told it is fairly close to the office, which by the way is in a placed called Suntower (saw the sign this morning coming in, it is on the road that is under a freeway.

International School Bangkok (ISB) is old and respected. It's not cheap, but you've got more than enough of an allowance to cover it.

Another one to look into is Ruamruedee International School. It's on par with ISB.

Harrow has a branch here too -- top notch, but British currirulum rather than American.

Talking to a couple of people at work, they live right near the school and it takes them about 40 minutes or so to get to office. They said the name, but it didn't stick with me. That's not too bad. My commute in Houston was almost an hour and I had to do the driving myself. I got to say, this driver stuff is really cool. Never had one before. Do all expats in Bangkok have drivers? It seems to me they all do.

Guest lazyphil

<>

funny you say that because i was listening to bbc radio 4 a few weeks ago and this particular program was talking to an englishman involved with harrow schools here and there, said the bkk branch had the thai staff insist they used their teaching methods and wanted to run it their way so the harrow people took away the harrow label, said it they cant run the school they cant use the harrow badge.....no problem elsewhere he said, but i just found the website.....bloody journelists!...off topic i know, solly

I did hear about complaints that the foreign staff hired in the UK got a much nicer package than the foreign staff hired in Thailand. Different salaries and different benefits for the same work?

"Harrow International School, Bangkok is a privately owned independent school comprising Early Years, Primary and Secondary schools and is modelled on the traditions of the British public school system. It is one of only two schools in the world carrying the name of the famous Harrow School in London and operates in association with its great namesake."

Thus it is not actually Harrow.

http://www.harrowschool.ac.th/

Do all expats in Bangkok have drivers? It seems to me they all do.

Hell yeah, Jeff!

If you have a close look at my avatar (which is actually of my limousine to/from work each day) you can just make out my driver behind the wheel! :grin:

Archived