Hey guys, Iâ??m Jeff Winston

Canâ??t believe it. I finally manage to get out of the office at a decent time, open the mini fridge to get a whiskey and soda and turn on the laptop to see what I my new found friends had to say. What do I find? But that a certain group is only posing a new found friends but is actually trying to â??outâ? me.

It appears the moderation of this forum is lax in certain areas. I would have thought that naming actual companies would get edited immediately as posting information that could identify a member, but guess not.

Luckily (for me), I have riddled my post with deliberately misleading information, information that would lead the curious or malicious in the completely wrong direction. Iâ??m sure the investigators and speculators have found that out now.

So, I leave it to you all, can Jeff Winston go on with this life and the speculation on who he is dies, or does Jeff himself need to die and do a replay?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you intend to keep on posting about family and work issues, you're probably fine with that handle, wether people can put a face behind it or not.You would need to get back to a similar persona to discuss those topics anyway.

Perhaps use a second handle when it comes to issues your close entourage doesn't need to hear about.

Is Working for Bechtel so Sad?

OK I admit Chevron have offices within the same building of PTT but Chevron are not TX based so I guess Bechtel ... Ethane Seperation Plant Project.

Feel free to correct me if I am incorrect ... I am begining to loose track of all EPC Contracts we are PMC on, I work to live not live to work.

It wont take long for you to realise which hat I wear to take my slice of the pie!

Incorrect on every account.

Have no idea what working for Bechtel is like

PTT is does not share building with Chevron.

Chevron has huge base in Houston.

"Ethane Seperation Plant Project." What the f*ck is that?

Loosing the track, sounds likely.

Work to live? is there another way?

If you wished to speculate, wouldn't a PM have been better? Or is this post just showing off what you think you know?

Ouch!

I hope no one took my posts the wrong way.

I was mentioning privacy in a general sense.

Wait . . . I just got an email from someone in Nigera, that if I send them US $10,000.00 I can 'inherit' half million dollars.

Well, I'm off to my bank now to wire my money to Nigeria. Those people in Nigera are just plain friendly and so giving . . .

p.s. I've forgotten if it was on this board or Nanapong, but there was one poster in the US who told all about his bar exploits -- and then accidentally got outted at work! Even the secretaries knew his board handle and would log on to read about his adventures. Everyone started calling him by his board name at work!

If I'm not mistaken, we're talking about QMAN (inadvertent founder of the dance contests) and it caused him to change his handle. I visited him at his office (only a mile away from mine) and maybe that's why he chose the corner office (as far away from everyone as possible) with no windows so he could close the door and sleep. Nice working environment after a rough night in Thai Town!

Haven't been able to reach him in a few years - the last time I called his office they said he'd been transferred to another one. I suspect he resides in the PI by now.

PS. Having personally met so many friends through message boards like this, I don't understand the mentality behind 'outing' someone. Maybe it's because I am too trusting or the fact that the consequences wouldn't affect my career all that much.

Archived