Issan Darling dance hall

Anyone been to this wonderful North-Eastern style place in Bangkok? At least a few years ago one ramwonged with sweet girls in short skirts for B5 per dance, garlanded musicians one liked, ate sticky rice and drank whiskey, and if one was lucky got solicited by one of the more experienced dance partners. I had the time of my life dancing with a middle-class Thai lady -- fat and over 40, but what a dancer!

They have two locations, Isan/Isarn/Issan Darling I and II. Sign was in Thai only. I miss the place and will go back this winter to seek it out.

I can not help with the location. But I visited one of those places in January. I was

with 2 girls from Nana. The go-go girls like to go there. As I said I was with 2 girls

and eventually had three of the singers sitting at my table. I was buying food and drink for all five of them. Going through my

mind was "This is going to cost me a bundle."

I think the bill was 400 baht.

There is one I have visit in Chiang Mai, don't know where because I got there with Thai friend after many bar. I really enjoy this place so if they have in Bangkok I want to know to. Also they sing Lukthung and a other kind from Isaan, I don't remember the name for the one from Isaan, someone know that?

I went there with a bargirl on her birthday. She referred to it as an Isaan nightclub and it was. All kinds of entertainment. We had a bunch of food on the table and she ordered us a bottle of whiskey and setups. A waitress was there every time my drink got low to fix me a new one. It was a great place. I don't know where I was since it was all in Thai andwas on a main street about a 20 minute taxi ride from the GP. The bill when I left was 350 baht including tip.

I was taken to a similar establishment many moons ago. It was called Paradise I think ( I know that's a real help) crazy.gif" border="0

I'll be buggered if I can remember where it is though.

I remember the main seating area was under an open-sided barn affair, about the size of a footabll field, with a large glass-enclosed area with air-con at the end housing a large dance floor, live band and a DJ.

A really friendly place - I was the only farang there and was treated like royalty. Had a real blast with the staff and the young punters on adjacent tables. Ate and drank like a king and still got change from 500 baht.

If anyone can pinpoint the location of this or similar establishments, I'd love to go back.

Arai wa

Issan Darling, at least the Issan Darling I used to frequent, is on New Petchburi Road (near Morakot Hotel) in Bangkok. I have been there many times, the last being about 8-9 months ago.

My impression during my last visit was that it had seen better years (2-3 years ago) when it usd to be packed with girls and late night revelers. That said, it still had some of that charm and festive feel of its glory days.

If you swing by soon, please let me know how it is doing. I believe it is still open.

froggo

The Tankay Issan Rahada is very good, it is across the road from hollywood disco. Someone posted that villa cafe on petchburi was a well known place but I have never been. There is a large one at chatuchak -peter

quote:

Originally posted by Arai wa:

If anyone can pinpoint the location of this or similar establishments, I'd love to go back.

Arai wa

Archived