Thai Language School?

Shibuya

I tried UTL in the Times Square building and thought it was terrible, though this was several years ago. The teachers were not particularly good, they were poor at explaining things, and the course material was crap. Also, they don't introduce the written language until later in the course, a real mistake as far as I'm concerned if one wants to learn properly.

What makes this worse, is that if you're in a class, rather than taking one-on-one instruction, a good 80+% of your class time will be spent listening to the other students speaking Thai very poorly rather than teachers who speak it correctly. If you like the idea of hearing Japanese and Korean housewives--for such was my luck--speaking Thai really, really badly, then you're in for a treat; if you're interested in learning the language properly, go somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I completely disagree. This is a great school. I have two friends with Interpol who are going there now. One investigates Euro nationals who come here to prey on children and the other does drug stuff.

If the various embassies pay their agents to go there I think that that is a good endorsement.

The woman who runs the school did admit that there was a guy in the UK some time back who slammed her school every chance he got.

That will stop for sure as she is now in touch with his school in the UK.

Which school are you referring to?

Archived