Airbus 380 flys into LAX

OCgringo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think the 380 may have a niche. But in the long run it is a one trick pony. Range and access to the most airports is the key. I think the 787 will be much more popular. Also this is just a personal take, but there is something about airbus products that just make me uneasy. They seem to have a sort of "flimsy" feel to them. I was talking to a airline guy one time and mentioned that I prefer Boeing aircraft. He laughed and said " Oh you don't like being on a scarebus" They really dont feel that stable in the air, to me.

This new A380 might work better as a cargo plane. Frankly, it is the most over hyped plane yet...Boeing designed the 747 tyo have an upper deck that could be extended way back, it was never pushed, as no airport could accomodate it at that time. Additionally, no airline wanted it either.

Airbus in generel does have good ideas, I like the A-340 for lay out and comfort (Fly one non stop Lax-BKK, nice. But in generel, airbus products are pure crap. They just don't hold up, and the design of the materials seems to be planned/developed in a half assed fashion at best.

The crap I see on our fleet of A-319 ans A-320 is just rediculis, especially as they are newer than our Boeing fleet, which has far fewer problems. Airbus is still a safe plane mind you, just a crappy one.

Archived