Sideline girls

Not sure mentor but I think they are girls who don't work in the parlour full time and don't sit in the main fishbowl with the other girls. They have 'regular' jobs (or they maybe housewives or students) and work the parlours as a 'sideline'

I stand to be corrected (but that's another sub-dom story!!!).

Arai wa

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

Sideline girls do not sit in the fishbowl. Instead, they often sit in a longe in the parlor, and dress in jeans, etc. (i.e., normal, sexy attire).

Sideline girls often work 3-4 nights a week, sometimes more/sometimes less. It is claimed by management in most places that they have more education, speak better English, etc. I have found this to be true in many cases, though certainly not always. In general, sideline girls are more attractive than the girls in the fishbowl, but this is, of course, open for debate.

In almost all situations, they are more expensive than the fishbowl girls. On a recent trip to Poseidon, fishbowl girls were 1,900 baht plus a 500 baht foreign surcharge. Sideline girls ranged from 2,500-6,500.

Hope that helps.

froggo

My one and only experience with a sideline girl.

Went with a friend to Cupidy (bottom floor of Plaza Ent Complex) and was just going to wait for him as I really wasn't in the mood. One of the sideline girls caught my eye and I finally cracked when the papasan came down to 3500B from his original quote of 4500B (note: this was when I was a tourist, I'd never pay 3500B again-ever!). Had a fabulous time in the room and she ended up spending the next day and night with me and didn't want money. In fact, she kept trying to pay for things. I thought this was a pretty good thing I had going until she told me that she was working to get away from her rich, powerful, jealous Thai BF who had been calling her all day demanding to know where she was. Needless to say, I wanted to remain alive and in one piece, so I never saw her again.

Ranger

I accidentally ended up at Cupidy tonight for the first time in about a year. I was taking a friend to CP2 and it was closed and the taxi driver took us to the Plaza complex even though I told him to take us to the Emerald Hotel so we could see what was open in Rachada. We decided to take a look since we were already there and the driver refused to take us where I had asked to go. There were plenty of cute sideline girls, but I didn't think they looked a whole bunch better than the fishbowl gals. The Papasan quoted us 2200B (didn't even bother to ask how much the sideline gals were), saying that because of the holiday and the fact that many other places were closed, it was a higher price today. He even whispered that they "have to pay police to open today". I bluffed and told him in my very poor Thai that I usually pay 1500B (couldn't remember what the real price was, but knew it wasn't 2200B) and a few minutes later he comes back and says "for you, OK 1500B". My friend and I both had a good time, although when we went to pay, the price magically became 1800B and I didn't feel like arguing in front of the girls so we just paid it. Afterwards, we met a guy downstairs who was waiting for his friend and the friend paid 2500B. I didn't see the sideline gal that I had fun with last year. I would have loved to have kept seeing her, but the thought of the rich, powerful and jealous Thai BF scared me away. I even threw away her phone number and changed hotel rooms to be extra safe.

Ranger

Ranger,

Your description of the lady from Cupidy certainly rings a bell with me, I had the same experience earlier this year, was she from Chiang Rai by any chance ?

Pete Q

She told me she was from BKK, but I was a newbie and maybe she didn't think I would know where Chiang Rai was? She did have that light skinned Northern look and a diamond tooth and great fake tits. If that sounds familiar, send me a private message and we can compare notes.

Ranger

Archived