Warbler's 2

Sarisin

I attended the soft opening of Warbler's 2 last night in Pattaya. Plenty of familiar faces including the best bar owner I know, Khun Santos, as well as his lovely lady.

One man's opinion:

The Pluses:

1. Great setup up in the Baiyoke Hotel on Second Road. Ample dining area which will get larger. The kitchen is outside in a small building next to a small patio/courtyard where they will have more tables and chairs.

2. Plenty of free parking if you drive. VIP parking for your Harley Davidson.

3. It should be a great after hours alternative to the discos. He will have live bands. Nice place to bring your lady.

4. Same outstanding menu as Warbler's in Bangkok. Last night they had the same Friday buffet (Maryland Chicken is my personal favorite). Menu and prices look to be the same as Bangkok. Same chef they had there too - moved to Pattaya. It was gratis for the opening and Santos also bought a few rounds on the house.

5. Excellent hong nam facilities in the adjacent hotel.

6. Staff has some cuties, but, um, they need some experience.

7. The manager, Su, is a great guy.

The Minuses

1. The location is not good. There really is not much around and it is a bit hard to find. Often you go to an 'area' rather than one place. In the case of Warbler's 2 I think you would just go there and have to move on to another area.

2. The Happy Hour is listed until 9PM. I guess that will be when the band starts up. The drink prices are good before 9PM. Not so good (I believe 120 B for a draft beer) after. But, then again, you have live music.

3. Listen to the Thai ladies try to pronounce Warbler's. Of course this could be a plus if you need a laugh.

I plan to visit Warbler's at least once every trip I make to Pattaya - probably Friday nights for the buffet.

I don't think there has ever been a list meeting place in Pattaya a la Woodstock in NEP. I recommend it be Warbler's 2.

I couldn't agree more. I asked him about the price increases in NEP Friday night. He said he was approached by one of the bad guys and asked to join in raising the prices with them. His response was that it was his bar and he would set the prices, not anyone else.

I'm looking forward to when he breaks the wall out of the bar next to him to create a larger Titty Twister. He said this probably won't get done until just before the start of the next tourist season.

Archived