Help me find a name for my Bar (Big Award package)

ChristianTroy

It's just a question of time (5 years maybe) until Beach Rd and WS will be expensive tourist traps and very PC. But it's just a question of moving the nightlife to the other side of 2nd Rd. 3rd Rd is getting hotter all the time (Buffalo Bar for example), Sukhumvit Rd has already several farang-owned bars and so on. Also the today mostly gay/lesbian area around and south of TukCom will be more straight. As I mentioned before some say that the gay nightlife scene is as big as the straight one, I don't think so but it's at least 50 % of our one.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope CT puts a little more thought into his DJ and music selection. As a nightclub owner myself, I fully appreciate what my 3 DJs do for my business. Music selection and a DJs ability can make or break you... Sin City is a great name and this bar sounds like it is full of entertaining ideas, cant wait to visit and collect my free drinks...

Except for one bar on Ko Samui, i have not been to any bar, club, go-go etc in Thailand where I didnt think the music-Dj was pure shit..MHO

Except for one bar on Ko Samui, i have not been to any bar, club, go-go etc in Thailand where I didnt think the music-Dj was pure shit..MHO

Unfortunately, too many Thai DJs seems to be obnoxious bungholes. They play whatever they want, not what they think the customers might want, plus they turn up the volume almost to the maximum. I have left bars because of the music and the noise level. We've probably all seen speakers tearing themselves apart because the volume was much too high. I've never understood why the owners permit it, since they are the ones who are losing business and have to replace the speakers more often than necessary.

:dunno:

A lot of DJs (not just Thais)think that they are music experts and play what they think is cool or trendy. I used to DJ back in the states (about 100 years ago)and it's all about playing the crowd. Taking request is very important as long as they are within reason e.g. you don't play Hank Williams at 1:00 AM in the disco.

You follow the money is the old rule, maybe there's a C & W convention in your bar - if a big majority of the customers want Hank Williams or Merle Haggard or whatever they want. "Mädchen für alles" - isn't just for BGs.... :beer:

I wouldn't even bother with a DJ at all. Why not just a jukebox or mp3 player? It would take about 5 minutes a day to put together an mp3 playlist that would last the whole night. There's one bar in soi 6 with a computer in the corner so the customers can choose their own music.

I'm not sure about that but of course that your way is better than a bad DJ - the old rule is that you get what you pay for.

In the beginning of my Pattaya era I liked 1 bar (inside) Soi 2/Sabai Land corner where 2 old farang alcoholics played very good music country and sixties. The Heineken bar outside Pizza Hut has sometimes very good live music, Easyriders has so most of the time (even if the mosquitos are very aggressive there - one night there gives me same number of bites as rest of the time on a 14 day/night trip). :beer:

As someone who is/was a DJ (my stuff is collecting dust in the UK) i long for a bar with good music in LOS....Flix in RCA is good at times (normally after a lot of whiskey) but really why can't someone make a decent club here?????? It's not rocket science!

Archived