I'm coming to Bangkok at end of June!

Middsy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My estimates for daily costs (in baht) to live quite well and comfortably:

Decent Thai hotel (equivalent to the low end of the chains like Courtyard by Marriott, or Four Stars by Sheraton) in central location - 2000

3 nice restaurant meals for 2 people - 1500

Transportation around (skytrain, taxi, etc.) - 300

Various daytime entertainment costs (museums, souvenir shopping, thai massages, random fun stuff) - 1000

Night out in a bar + ladydrinks - 3000

Daily Sundries (condoms, toothbrushes/talcum for BG, etc.) - 200

BG for the night - 2000

So altogether about 10,000 baht/day on average to live more than comfortably.

Plus sounds like you want to go on a couple excursions. So, I'd tack on an extra 10,000 baht to the trip in case you want to go to Hua Hin or do something special.

Budget version:

Hotel - 1000 baht

Cheap local food just for yourself - 500

Skytrain and Metro - 200

Daytime fun - 500

Austere nighttime bar consumption - 1500

Sundries - 200

BG for the night - 2000

~6,000 baht/day.

Damn, I wonder how I manage to live here on less than 40,000 baht a month. :(

You folks are going to scare the guy off!

Okay. If you really wanted to...

Hotel (Business Inn on Soi 11) - 800 baht (prices may have gone up but you can find it)

Street food X 3 meals - 250 baht

BTS/MTS - 200 baht

Beer X 4/day - 400

sightseeing - 500

2 ladydrinks - 250 and free grope (or smack in the face)

Skank from Nana parking lot - 1500

An STD that you'll cherish forever - priceless

~4000 baht/day!

Street food X 3 meals - 250 baht

BTS/MTS - 200 baht

Beer X 4/day - 400

sightseeing - 500

2 ladydrinks - 250 and free grope (or smack in the face)

Skank from Nana parking lot - 1500

Where are you eating your street meals?

3 x Meals = 150 Baht (MAX)

200 baht on the BTS / MRT is about 8 trips! So make that 100 Baht.

Sightseeing - 500 Baht. Maybe. Not going to do that every day of his holiday. Especially with a hangover. So that can maybe be missed some days.

Skank From NEP CP 1500. Nah... Never pay more than 1000B from the car park! Anything more is too much. (For skank that is. Obviously you pay more for a better looking chick. Interesting that that "better looking chick" was asking someone in the gogo for 2000 B ST just an hour ago, and now willing to go for a "lousy" 1000 B!)

I was sitting at one of the little street bars outside Subway in Suk after closing last night assuming (and quite happy about it) that I was going home alone after a good night on the booze.

A very attractive girl walked by and smiled. I smiled back and she sat down. Bought her a drink and 15 mins later told her I was off home. "Bai deuay" came out of her mouth of course, and I just threw back a throw-away line of "ok... long time 1000B." She said "ok" much to my surprise. I shrugged my shoulders and said to myself "why not?" Got home, had a chat, showered me, had great sex with her, cuddles after and woke up with her wrapped around me. (Long time since I've had a GFE like that in Bangkok!) Really sweet girl. Great body and no babies. Had another round this morning and gave her 1200B instead of the 1000B as I'd had a great time with her and enjoyed her company. (Would have given her 1500B but 1200 was all I had in my wallet after my night out). Swapped phone numbers and may meet tonight again.

So, just saying that you can get lucky sometimes. Don't put up with all this "2000B short time shit" in the gogos. (One girl in Rainbow 1 quoted me 4000B long time last night!! I just laughed in her face... the funny thing was, she looked surprised when I laughed. And she definitely wasn't off the Rainbow top-shelf!)

There are some nice girls working out there who don't ask ridiculous money and will provide great service for a lower price. They are getting few and far between however.

When I first came here as a "young bloke" about 8 years ago, and on a smaller wage, I still had a great time on a budget of about 3000-3500B a day. I never had a problem with the girls, never went home sober or hungry and still had a great time.

I'm not saying I'm cool because I managed to do it so cheap, I'm just saying that it is possible to come here, have a great time and get what you want without having huge money. It just needs discipline.

Guys who come here and spunk money hand-over-fist is fine if they've got the cash. Fair play to 'em. But not everyone is wealthy, but the beauty of LOS is that there is a way of satisfying your desires for all budgets.

:beer:

Good evening all.

Getting really excited (even though it's 3 months away) about coming over from England. It'll be my first time. It would be really appreciated if anybody could name some of the must see sights (mainly in the Capital), great bars, gogo clubs and where to get the best value for money body massage! I saw an example on a programme over here, and if 1 1/2 hours is the norm for such a relaxation, I'm twitching!

I've got a Rough Guide book to Thailand, but I'm presuming you guys know where the safest, reasonable places to visit are as you'll all have first hand experience.

Any information would be well received. You can email me at middsyuwe@hotmail.com if you have anything to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Middsy

Bring a minimum (not including hotel) of 4000 baht/day. Your drinking and buying drinks will often be your greatest expense.

Archived