I'm coming to Bangkok at end of June!

Middsy

Money, money, money.

Keep a small calculator with you at all times if you are mathematically challenged.

Keep all your money locked up. Only take out what you think you will need for one day. And put it in two pockets or belt loop.

I always take a hotel business card with me AND enough money for a taxi back to hotel in one seperate pocket. If you get lost, the card comes in handy with the taxi driver. Unless you stay at the Nana Hotel - where every taxi driver knows that location/hotel.

Other than drinks, food, and taxi, everything is negotialble. Most taxi drivers are honest, but some will take you all over Bangkok on way back to hotel.

If you drink to excess . . . well that takes too much time to explain all the pitfalls . . .

:rip:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! Cheers guys for the info.

Well flight and hotel is already paid for, so after reading everything, £800.00 for the 10 days should be fine = 54'000 baht.

It's really funny to hear that if I want short time I should take more. I'm intending to make sure I see as much of Thailand as I possibly can, so I'm gonna try to keep my nightime habits to a few drinks and no more. I'm expecting though to give in to temptation at some point!

I really want to see Ayuthayya, the Kwai River, Nakom Pathom and Patayya - just for some beach! Haven't seen the sea for years! If there is anything else that in your recommendation I should see that is in easy reach from Bangkok it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks again.

10 weeks tomorrow!!!!

Middsy.

One of the oldest pieces of advice on traveling in foreign places would seem to apply to your situation. Sometime before you depart, lay out all the things - clothes and everything else - that you are thinking about carrying with you. Put beside that all the money you intend to spend on the trip.

Cut the amount of gear you're carrying by half, double the money and you'll have a successful trip.

Evel

:devil:

Bring a minimum (not including hotel) of 4000 baht/day. Your drinking and buying drinks will often be your greatest expense.

On that budget and if night life is the main objective I would say, go to Pattaya and don't spend to much time on WS. There are many places in Pattaya where you can have lots of fun outside walking street.

Archived