Aren't you guys tired of go go yet?

milford

I am sure that everyone doesn't care about my personal opinion as they are like a**holes. Everyone has one, some are just a little smellier than others.

My question is: Why is the gogo theme still lead the way in all the bars? Is it a time honored established tradition left over from the Viet Nam era and will never die?

I just get so tired of seeing the ladies in the oversized gogo boots and outfits.

I am much more aroused by the sight of a lady in "normal" dress. What would be wrong with having ladies dress in longerie and the shows being moved more into a new millenium format.

My other pet peeve, probably due to my poor eyesight is that the girls always look so much better under the artificial lights than they do when you get them back to your mating parlour.

Regards,

Milford

i'm with you on that one. there should be more themed bars. how about a flintstones bar, japanese school girl bar, a test tube bar, one where they wear football shirts, secretary outfits, nurses uniforms...the go go thing is so samey, I only ever go when mates come to BKK for the first time.

I was upstairs at Midnite bar, soi Cowboy, last night and the girls were wearing sheer white transparent dresses with nothing underneath. It was indeed a nice change although bikinis and boots in general are fine. Just a question of a bit more variety, no?

Cheers!

With respect, Milford, I've got to pull you up on your logic.

1. "I am much more aroused by the sight of a lady in "normal" dress."

Er... Why don't you go outside then? Doesn't 99.99% of the surface area of Thailand cater for your taste? Truly, you're a lucky man wink.gif" border="0

2. The artificial lights.

Don't forget that you, too, look better under those lights. Personally, I thank God for those lights. wink.gif" border="0

Frankly, I don't care if they go-go or cha-cha as long as they jer...jer... jiggle it a bit smile.gif" border="0

Maybe you should take a look in the Soi 33 bars for some cool jazz and more elegantly clad female company. Might make a refreshing, if more expensive, change of pace. I might try it myself sometime.

quote:

Originally posted by Sombat:

I was upstairs at Midnite bar, soi Cowboy, last night and the girls were wearing sheer white transparent dresses with nothing underneath. It was indeed a nice change although bikinis and boots in general are fine. Just a question of a bit more variety, no?

Cheers!

Midnite has an upstairs? That is a new one on me.

But I certainly agree with your comment on variety.

I just returned from a 4-night stumble-around-a-thon in Pattaya. When you live and party in BKK all the time I really enjoy occasional visits to Pattaya. And, there are some unique gogo bars there. One example is the Emergency Room which is on Soi Pattayaland 2. The ladies were dressed in a nurse/intern uniform that was nice. But, I really liked the energy of the place. Lots of fun, smiling, really dancing ladies. A good manager there has something to do with that.

By the way, about half the bars in Pattaya were closed Thursday AND Friday nights (some opened late) for the Thai holiday, but there were no problems finding places that were open. I found the ratio of ladies to guys in our favor by a large margin in every bar. The beer bars were extremely aggressive in dragging customers into them.

A good time to visit Pattaya.

Archived