Aren't you guys tired of go go yet?

milford

You really like those Emergency Nurse outfits?

I was very disappointed the red outfits they had on. Maybe I'm spoiled, as I love the real looking outfits. By the way, tailors in BKK, will make one for your GF. I should know, it was done for my urge of playing Dr and nurse :-)

A friend and I barhopping in Cowboy last night and were in Longgun waiting for some friends to show. He looks at all the beautiful girls dancing (it was an impresive line-up as usual) and remarks "We know we've lived in BKK too long when this no longer holds much interest for us!" We go to the go-gos now mostly to hang out with friends and the naked or semi-naked girls on stage are almost secondary. Of course, I spoiled this by taking one of the Longgun girls ST last night, but I still have the least amount of will power amongst my group of friends.

laugh.gif" border="0

Ranger

Gentlemen,

I don't post too often, but have occasionally to this board, but caught this thread on those expats living in LOS getting somewhat jaundiced to the attractions of the gogo bars offerings.

I think I understand this view. When I spent a year in Thailand, I eventually had similar responses. With me it was that after many months in country enjoying 1-3 women a night 7 days a week---it simply become to easy.

I think men sometimes like the challenge of a chase, albeit preferably short and fun. We had a saying that finding a beautiful young lady to spend the night with (ST or LT) was easier than finding a place to get a coke! smile.gif" border="0 To this day I still don't think that was an exageration of the SANUK opportunities in Thailand.

I do not mean we were bored with the women, absolutely not! But we tended to take it for granted that when we saw someone and felt the urge---you just had to scratch it!

You expats sound like your going through the same thing. I think it would be great to get that old feeling of wonderment and jaw-dropping awe of our first time in the LOS! It was an incredible high from the rest of the world. laugh.gif" border="0

Milford,

I was hooked by your subject line and encouraged by your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, but then let down by what followed.

I spent 25 months in Bangkok (and continue to go back every year for 2 weeks of vacation). It wasn't until the middle of my 2nd month that I ventured into the go-go bar areas, NEP to be specific, but I quickly became a regular. Almost nightly visits to NEP and Cowboy (never did much like Patpong) lasted for about 6-8 months and then began to tail off. I spent my last 6 months almost exclusively in the discos, bars, sing-a-song cafes, and restaurants in Nonthaburi. Farangs are few and far between and not much English is spoken, but the company is much more interesting and enjoyable.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by milford:

I am sure that everyone doesn't care about my personal opinion as they are like a**holes. Everyone has one, some are just a little smellier than others.

My question is: Why is the gogo theme still lead the way in all the bars? Is it a time honored established tradition left over from the Viet Nam era and will never die?

I just get so tired of seeing the ladies in the oversized gogo boots and outfits.

I am much more aroused by the sight of a lady in "normal" dress. What would be wrong with having ladies dress in longerie and the shows being moved more into a new millenium format.

My other pet peeve, probably due to my poor eyesight is that the girls always look so much better under the artificial lights than they do when you get them back to your mating parlour.

Regards,

Milford

As somebody said earlier I think its for the newbies that the go go's are there after a while they get boring I dont know if its the hardend attitude of the girls or the loudness of the music so nobody can hear one another. Maybe there should be a poll done to see who prefers the bars or the go go's

I wouldn't generalize and say the gogo bars are just for newbies. I think the frequency you visit them has something to do with getting sick of that scene too.

For example, my first visit to Bangkok was in '72. I have lived here since '96. But, I seldom go out to the gogo bars but once or twice a week. I travel a lot internationally and that also keeps me away from the Bangkok nightlife.

So, I still enjoy the hell out of a crawl through a district's gogo bars. I know some think they are the same old stuff, but I find each one different and fun to go to in its own way.

I'm not a newbie. And, I'm not tired of hitting the gogo bars - in Thailand. When in the US or Hong Kong, though, I would not go as I find them way too expensive and uninteresting.

• 3 weeks later...

My question is: Why is the gogo theme still lead the way in all the bars?

in a gogo you can be anonymous- in a gogo you don't need to talk- in a gogo you can be by yourself- in a gogo you can be in a como. state- in a gogo your lines don't show- in a gogo you can stare vacantly- in a gogo you can be brain dead- in a gogo, a woman can be an object- from a gogo, you can only go up......

SARISIN,

"I seldom go out to the gogo bars but once or twice a week" - My heart bleeds for you wink.gif" border="0

JIMOFARABIA,

"in a gogo you can be in a como. state- in a gogo your lines don't show- in a gogo you can stare vacantly- in a gogo you can be brain dead- in a gogo, a woman can be an object- from a gogo, you can only go up...... " - ROTFLMAO - my secret is out frown.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Ashman:

I agree. After a while living in Bangkok go go bars become very boring and sad places.

I mean the problem with the gogo bars are not

the clothes. The problem ist that most girls

looking nearly ugly.

After many years and visits in LOS the time

with many goodlookings girls are over.

Look these days in Pattaya. There are most

girls with high age. No thank you. blush.gif" border="0

Archived