Beer Bar Touts

Sarisin

I'm sure the annoying gogo bar touts of Patpong have been skewered here many times. Soi Cowboy also can have some pushy touts, although they may also be quite lovely. And, let's not forget that gang at the top of the escalator in NEP who tries to direct you, often forcefully to Vixen's, Linda's, Paradisio, or Silver Dragon.

But, this past weekend in Pattaya I was faced with something rather new for me - an onslaught of beer bar touts.

I normally avoid beer bars in favor of the gogo bars. However, the first night in Pattaya (Wednesday) a few friends and I decided to try out a few of the beer bars on Soi 2 and Soi 8. As many of you know they are begging for customers in virtually all entertainment venues in the Kingdom, and the beer bars are certainly no exception.

As we approached various beer bars, naturally, there were lots of hoots and hollers, and pleads for us to park our butts at their bars. I think we are all used to that. Some of the more creative ladies come up with some great lines/offers. One offered me a free 'feel good' if I sat down.

But, as we strolled along 2nd Road, and Sois 2, 7, and 8 we were often met by absolute stunners imploring us to go to their bars. Which we did on several occasions. And, on each occasion said stunners delivered us to a beer bar and deposited us on the set of the Miss Thailand Turdling Contest and left us to do touting for more passersby.

Man, I hated this. I was able to get one to stay for a short while, but she kept craning her neck to see what the other stunner who returned to her post was up to. Don't these bars realize it is one drink and out unless they let the stunners sit awhile and take a load off?

I guess this business is another reason why I like the gogo bars. The next three nights except for Best Friends #16, we avoided the beer bars in favor of the gogo bars. The latter were packed with available ladies and very few customers.

Some of my favorites on this trip were Blackout, Peppermint, and Champions (Walking Street), Bubbles and Emergency Room (Pattayaland Soi 2), Tim's (2nd Road), and Diamond 2000 (tucked away on Soi Diamond). A bar which has had many named changes, now Frozen (also on Soi Diamond), wasn't bad either and seemed to specialize in top heavy cuties.

I did not care for Dollhouse at all. Yes, they did have a few lookers. However, they (and a few other gogo bars) do something I do not like. They have a 'Staff Room' the dancers not on stage disappear to when they are not dancing. Instead of wandering around the bar being seen, they are out of sight unless they are dancing. Why hide from your potential customers?

All in all, I really enjoyed this visit to Pattaya during the slow season.

That the bestlooking girls are standing at the door to attract you to come inside and then leave you to go back outside pulling in new customers happens IMO all the time through the years. And yes,you are right that it doesn't feel good when you think you have found your date for the night and she leaves you as soon as have ordered your drink.

Thanks for the tip about Peppermint,Blackout and Tims (in fact I'm writing this post at Tims right now).I've checked out most gogo's already but not the ones you mention here.

I checked out Pattayaland2 at daytime a few times but it's wasted time IMO.The selection of girls overthere after 20.00 pm isn't bad though. Only negative is the high drinkpressure of the waitresses and girls.Except for PlanetRock; was there yesterday and liked it;no drinkpressure,good attitude of the staff and they have a magicianshow (has nothing to do with a sexshow)but it was great to see it.

Funny that you also have a not so good experience with Dollhouse Pattaya; was there my first night out and although the selection of girls wasn't bad,the attitude was IMO below zero.I don't have the time to write now about my experience overthere but let's say that there is still a lot of work to do for the managment overthere.

Have to go now, regards,

2lucky1

I heard "hello welcome" so much that I thought it was my name...and now it is officially. OK, back to the topic. The never-ending and constant "hello welcome" started to annoy me, especially in Pattaya. (I've never heard any variation on Hello Welcome...it's just repeated over and over and over.....).

What I don't like about that is...that it's really a matter of:

Attractive girls luring you in (whether it's a go go bar or beer bar), then "wow we got another guy to come in, more points for us", then the attractive ones

go back outside, and the guy inside buys a drink, spends money, and the girls inside are far less attractive...the good

ones are outside. I've never seen a difference in beer bars vs. go go bars in this regard. You're right....it makes ridiculous business sense...you buy one beer and leave. I often choose bars where there are NOT all the hello girls outside, but those are hard to find.

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Hello Welcom ]

quote:

Originally posted by Hello Welcom:

I've never seen a difference in beer bars vs. go go bars in this regard

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Hello Welcom ]

Except bar beers are outside and you can see what you're getting into straight away without feeling obligated to buy a beer as you may feel if you walk into a go go.

Archived