low season; why don't they close the bar?

I was in BKK last week and nightlife was slow there,but not compared to Pattaya.

Yesterday it was my 3rd night out in Pattaya and in a few gogobars (Blackout,Sexy agogo,Sexy 2001) there was only ONE customer and that was me. The most popular gogo's like Supergirl and some others at Soi Diamond had no more than 5-10 customers.

Also at the beerbars at Beachroad and soi 7/8 some bars had lots of girls but zero customers.

How long can a bar survive this and why don't they close their bar for a month or two until business gets better?

quote:

Originally posted by twoluckyone:

How long can a bar survive this and why don't they close their bar for a month or two until business gets better?

Well, they would still have to pay their rent, and at least some of their salary bill if they didn't want to reopen with no staff. Given that every drink sold makes a contribution towards their fixed costs and any barfines paid are money for nothing, it probably doesn't cost them much at all to stay open and avoids negatives like loss of reputation and regular customers.

LG

quote:

I was in BKK last week and nightlife was slow there,but not compared to Pattaya.

I was in Pattaya Wednesday - Sunday and I agree with you. But, it was funny - a few gogos I went in were packed. Mostly places on Soi Pattayaland 2, but also Tim's and Happy too. Normally, I would say it is great to have 5 or more ladies per guy, but the mood in some of these places was decidedly down.

On the other hand, the discos were packed to the gills. Marine was not as jammed as I saw on New Year's Eve, but it was crowded. Same for Tony's - and, isn't that band they have there good? Finally, I stumbled into Marine 2 after Marine closed around 0430 one night, and THAT place was packed. Really kind of dark inside though. But, when I walked out it was light - about 0630.

The neat thing I like about Pattaya is you are constantly discovering new places there. Have you been to G-String gogo on Beach Road yet? Not bad. Also, the Hot and Cold places can be a hoot. I heard a place called Paradise gogo (not sure of the location is good). On Soi 2 check out Classroom 2000. Interesting shows and some good-looking ladies.

I'm back in Bangkok now and will venture into the 'pong tomorrow. But, I'm hoping to head down to Pattaya again over the Queen's Birthday holiday next month.

Thats it every business has its fixed costs and in a bar fixed costs make up the bulk of costs as variable costs are very low.

Looking at the whole ar opening scenario anyone with a spare $200 000 or so should live off there investments. With on line trading and a cautious approach any body can make $2000 a month profit without even trying, thats approx 91 600 baht. Enough for anyone to have fun tongue.gif" border="0

Hi Sarisin,

I just went out at Pattayaland2 at NIGHTTIME for the first time and you are right;it has much more customers than Walkingstreet.Walkingstreet is really dead right now;only Happy and Su[perbaby have a few customers.Pattayaland2 at DAYTIME however really is a waste of time IMO.

Tony's and Marine have much better looking girls than most of the gogo's right now and are really busy but the downer for me is that I don't know how to get in contact with a girl over there.Was there my first night out and most girls ignore me;for me it's like being in a disco in my own country.

Am I the only one who has this experience?I'd like to know.

I would like like to hear about your "Pong-experience" when you go there because I was there last week and in fact had the best time there;yes,I was surprised myself.

I'm waiting for a Classroomgirl right now who said she will come to the internetcafe where I am now(A japanese guy barfined her this afternoon and she is free now she said).Hope she comes because last days not everything was going the way I'd liked it to be.

You mentioned Hot and Cold agogo;well I was in Hot and Cold II yesterday and this place is different from other gogo's.But will write about it later.I have a job to do tonight.

Have a nice time!

2lucky1

quote:

Tony's and Marine have much better looking girls than most of the gogo's right now and are really busy but the downer for me is that I don't know how to get in contact with a girl over there.Was there my first night out and most girls ignore me;for me it's like being in a disco in my own country.

Am I the only one who has this experience?I'd like to know.

I would like like to hear about your "Pong-experience" when you go there because I was there last week and in fact had the best time there;yes,I was surprised myself.

You mentioned Hot and Cold agogo;well I was in Hot and Cold II yesterday and this place is different from other gogo's.But will write about it later.

2lucky1

I agree with you that it can often be tough in the discos when you venture in alone. I find there are few ladies that go to discos alone, and most travel in groups of two or more. So, it is generally easier if you are with a friend to walk up to them. Also, I am a pathetic dancer, and prefer conversation as a 'get to know her' technique, and, let's face it, trying to have a conversation in Marine is like trying to do so at a convention of jackhammer operators.

As to the 'pong, I see myself going there more frequently with what is happening at NEP. My main problem there in the past has been with the prices, and to a lesser extent the touts and congestion. My favorite bars there are Cosmos (a change of pace hostess bar), Goldfinger, Superstars, Safari, Thigh, and Pink Panther (when there is no boxing going on). Tonight I will try to talk the guys into a stop at one of the King's Group gogos though for a reality check. Stunners galore usually, but the high pressure tactics can be bad news.

Yes, I anxiously await your comments on Hot and Cold 2. I found the place too (hadn't realized it moved), and it is something to say the least.

By the way, I also heard from a friend that Phuket was receiving daily downpours and you are absolutely right that Phuket really sucks when it is raining.

I just returned to BKK from 4 days in Pattaya. Girl/boy ratio was maybe 10/1, no make that 20/1 no 50/1. Very slow so lot's of girls to choose from! I must say though that it's my first time here in the summer. The girl I spend most of my time with worked at a bar on Soi 8 not far from my hotel. A real cutie. Met her for the first time at 3 AM Saturday morning. She said that was the closing time unless they had customers. All of the bars still had lot's of girls at that time of the morning.

The walking street was really dead on the weekend. On Sunday we went to Tony's. The place was packed, so maybe everyone goes there. We did't stay at Tony's because the music (no band) was too load. Also beer is 150B? Live band at Bamboo Bar with nice crowd on Saturday/Sunday.

Just down from my favorite show bar Malibu (great outdoor floor show on small stage)I stopped at the Pump Station (BBBJ place) also on Soi 13/2. One of the girls told me that the men don't work as much since the times have been bad (I assume she meant Thai men) so they don't come in as often.

I was at Walkingstreet again last days and like things are now the owners don't have to close their bar themselves because the police is doing it.

Dream a gogo was closed down by the police just after I left in the early night.Later on they closed down also Peppermint a gogo and another gogo I don't rember the name from.

On the same night there were more policemen in uniforms and in civil clothes in Happy a gogo and Dollhouse than that there were customers.

I suppose the police is asking "big teamoney" this time. From a waiter I heard that these gogo's probably will be op[en again after 3-5 days.

Interesting about the go-go's that were closed. They are all farang owned and I know for a fact that the local cops having been giving Dolls House problems because they have been so successful and the cops want a cut.

Regarding the pattaya discos it can be tough to get the stunners. I know that alot of girls go in groups and often just to dance. I find that alot of the real stunners dont seem to want to go with guys - unless you are absolutely gorgous yourself (in which case you probably would not be in Pattaya disco try to pick up bar-girls).

I go to Tony's often and know quite a few freelancers their. Tony's is a much better bet to pick up than either of the Marine;s in my opinion.

Archived